- Develop a plan for meetings and other activities
- Connect with community organizations to explore potential research collaborations
- Identify/create research projects that would include interdisciplinary collaboration
- Seek out funding opportunities
Long-term Goals and Activities
- Monthly colloquium series and meetings for members of Initiative
- Grant writing and/or review groups
- Annual keynote speaker
- Consolidation of research articles (by topic) by investigators at Marquette University
- Mentoring and professional development workshops for students
- Brochure/newsletter with latest findings about Latina/o psychology, etc.
- Speaking engagements on topics about Latina/os in psychology and education, health disparities, cultural competency and humility, etc.
- Connect with university organizations such as EOP, etc.