Location: Learning Commons - Raynor/Memorial Libraries
Position: Student Technical Assistant
Number of openings: several
Work days/times: morning, evening & weekends may be required. Attendance at staff meetings is mandatory.
Hours per week: 10-15
Hourly wage: $8.05
Start date: Fall 2013
Supervisor: Molly Larkin
- Position is a customer service job which entails extensive public contact.
- Provides technical support and instruction to users.
- Train other staff on software, hardware, and procedures.
- Contribute to online knowledge base of problems and solutions.
- Checks in/out Digital Media Studio equipment, and other material.
- Provides basic reference assistance.
- Exercises judgment in interpreting guidelines and in referring users to Raynor Library and Marquette University staff.
- Maintain an attractive and functional Learning Commons; perform preventative maintenance such as cleaning of work stations, mouse and keyboards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tech support may include:
- Printwise (printing/copying/canning/faxing)
- Clearing jams
- Adding paper
- Replacing toner
- Stocking cabinets with 50 lb cases of paper
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Windows and Apple operating systems
- Scanning - software options, OCR
- Image editing/manipulation
- File management and storage (memory sticks, Recordable media and Network storage, etc.)
- Course management software (D2L)
- Wireless network
- Using internet and browsers
- And more
- Available to work Fall 2013 & Spring 2014.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Technical aptitude and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Commitment of at least 10 hours per week and may include morning, evening and weekend shifts.
- Must attend staff meetings.
- Able to perform moderate physical labor (lift 50 lbs., travel between Raynor and Memorial Libraries).
- Enrollment in direct deposit.
- Customer service experience preferred, but not required.
- Preference given to applicants available Spring and Summer 2014.
Please direct questions and submit application materials (Word doc) via email only to email@example.com. Upon being hired additional forms must be completed at Zilber Hall,