Position: Coordinator of Acquisition and Discovery Services
Reports to: Associate Dean of Collections and Scholarly Resources
Marquette University Raynor Memorial Libraries seeks an innovative and collaborative librarian with strong leadership and managerial skills for the
position of Coordinator of Acquisition and Discovery Services.
- Develops and implements strategies for the effective acquisition and discovery of library resources in all formats.
- Provides leadership in the management of acquisitions, cataloging and metadata services, including setting policy, establishing workflows and
developing and documenting procedures.
- Hires, trains, coordinates, and directs the work of unit staff, including four librarians and nine support staff.
- Monitors and evaluates trends related to resource acquisition, description, discovery and access.
- Fosters a collegial work environment.
- Works collaboratively with other Resource Management Coordinators.
- Develops assessment strategies and maintains statistics for unit activities.
- Contributes to and learns from the profession through local, state, and national professional organizations, presentations, and publications.
- May assume some collection development liaison responsibilities.
- ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library and Information Science
- Managerial experience in an academic or research library
- Experience supervising full time staff
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in acquisitions, cataloging and metadata standards, issues, trends and best practices
- Experience using bibliographic utilities and integrated library systems
- Working knowledge of metadata standards such as MARC, EAD, and Dublin Core
- Ability to interact effectively with a broad range of staff within the Library, the University and in collaborative initiatives with other institutions
- Experience with planning and implementing new services
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with a diverse population of faculty, students, and staff
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
Appointment will be made at the Associate Librarian or Librarian rank.
Marquette University is an independent, Catholic, Jesuit doctoral-granting institution with an enrollment of 12,000 located near downtown Milwaukee. Two
adjacent and connected library buildings seat 2,150 and house a 1.7 million volume collection, 500 networked resources, and over 22,000 electronic journals.
For full consideration submit application online by July 1, 2013 to the university's application site: http://employment.marquette.edu/postings/1622