February 2013—Raynor Memorial Libraries, the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, and the Office of International Education are offering the third event in the Global Discussion Series:
What's Next for the Middle East? Open Questions for Middle East & North Africa Studies
Raynor Library, Lower Level
Wednesday, February 20
4:00 - 5:30 PM
Join an informal and interdisciplinary discussion surrounding global issues. The discussion will encourage awareness of international events and focus on the large questions facing the region. The series is designed to allow students and faculty to share their views, experience, and research questions to provide direction to students looking to explore such issue in greater depth.
A panel of faculty experts will briefly sketch social and political background and critical issues and a librarian will offer reliable resources to dig deeper into the topics discussed.
· Dr. Phil Naylor, Moderator (Professor of History)
· Dr. Risa Brooks (Assistant Professor of Political Science)
· Dr. Louise Cainkar (Assistant Professor of Social and Cultural Sciences)
· Dr. Irfan Omar (Associate Professor of Theology)
· Dr. Enaya Othman (Visiting Assistant Professor of Arabic)
· Dr. John Jentz (Library Liaison to the Department of History)
A research guide created by Dr. John Jentz is available on the Libraries' website.
All faculty and students are invited to join the conversation. Coffee, tea, and cookies will be available.