October 6: Symposium on Laudato Si
Please join us October 6 for an interdisciplinary symposium on Pope Francis's Laudato Si' Encyclical.
On May 24, Pentecost Sunday, Pope Francis signed the first encyclical dedicated to caring for Earth. He addressed Laudato Si' to all people, emphasizing our interconnections with one another and all other creatures that constitute Earth, pointing to the complexities of ecological problems that are especially harmful to poor and vulnerable people now and projected to jeopardize future generations, and urging all people to address these problems from multiple perspectives in a spirit of solidarity.
Catholic institutions of higher learning are obliged to respond to the pope's encyclical, and an upcoming event provides this opportunity for Marquette faculty, students, and staff to begin this process: "A Symposium of Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Pope Francis' Encyclical, Laudato Si',On Care for Our Common Home." The symposium will be held October 6, 4:00-6:00 p.m., in Raynor Library's Beaumier Suites B/C. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Dr. Jame Schaefer, Theology
- Dr. Krassi Hristova, Biological Sciences
- Dr. Elaine Spiller, Mathematics and Statistics
- Dr. David Nowacek, Sociology
- Dr. John Davis, Economics
- Dr. Lowell Barrington, Political Science
- Senior Anne Mosher, Finance, Human Resources, and Theology Majors
- Free and open to the Marquette community and the general public. If you are from the general public, RSVP is required. Contact Rose Trupiano, firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-288-5998.
- Date: Tuesday, October 6, 2015
- Time: 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- Location: Raynor Library, Beaumier Suites B/C
- Event flyer: Download it here.
PLANNING TO ATTEND?
- View campus map and parking information.
- Questions? Contact Rose Trupiano, email@example.com or 414-288-5998.
The symposium is sponsored by Raynor Memorial Libraries and cosponsored by Marquette University's Office of Mission and Identity, College of Arts and Sciences, and Department of Theology.
View other upcoming events at Raynor Memorial Libraries.