May 14 Workshop: Demystifing Open Access
May 2015 — “Demystifying Open Access” Workshop
Among the avenues for sharing research and scholarship, open access journals offer an increasingly viable and important option. However, it can be challenging not only to identify these journals but also to evaluate their quality and reach, as well as to weigh the benefits of publishing in them.
To help demystify this process, Raynor Memorial Libraries is offering a workshop on evaluating open access journals. Aimed at faculty, graduate students, and others interested in publishing their academic work, the workshop will offer an overview of current open access options for sharing research, criteria to help assess the rigor and reliability of open access journals, and tips for navigating related copyright issues.
Please plan to join us!
“Demystifying Open Access” Event Details
- Date: Thursday, May 14, 2015,1:00-2:00 PM
- Location: Raynor Library, Beaumier Suite A (Lower Level)
- Questions? Please contact Martha Jermé.
For Further Information
- More on open access from Marquette University Libraries
- e-Publications@Marquette, Marquette's institutional repository