Sept. 16: ALA Presidential Initiative
American Library Association leaders will discuss the new ALA presidential initiative at Marquette University Libraries, September 16, 9:30 a.m.-noon. RSVP now!
American Library Association President Julie Todaro will give a talk at Marquette University Libraries September 16 to share and discuss her vision for the future of libraries and library employees. Dr. Todaro’s presidency builds on the ALA’s current Libraries Transform initiative, bringing a special focus to the role of employee expertise in creating libraries’ value—the “Expert in the Library.”
Additional perspectives on Dr. Todaro's presidential initiative will be provided by Martin Garnar, co-chair of the initiative's Academic Libraries Committee, and Valerie Gross, co-chair of the initiative's Public Libraries Committee. The program will also include a question-and-answer session with attendees.
About the Speakers
- Dr. Julie Todaro is President of the American Library Association and Dean of Library Services for the Austin Community College District.
- Martin Garnar is Dean of the Kraemer Family Library at the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs and co-chair of the Todaro Presidential Initiative Academic Libraries Committee.
- Valerie Gross is President and CEO of Howard County Library System and co-chair of the Todaro Presidential Initiative Public Libraries Committee.
- Free and open to all, but RSVP will be required. RSVP now!
- Date: Friday, September 16, 2016
- Time: 9:30 a.m.-Noon (Please note the change in start time.)
- 9:30-10:00 a.m.: Registration and coffee
- 10:00-noon: Program
- Location: Marquette University, Raynor Memorial Libraries, Beaumier Suites (Raynor Lower Level)
Planning to Attend?
- View campus map and parking information. The 16th St. and Wells St. parking structures are the closest to the library.
- Questions? Contact Elisa Coghlan, firstname.lastname@example.org or (414) 288-7068.
The event is sponsored by Marquette's Raynor Memorial Libraries, Milwaukee Public Library, and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Libraries.
View other upcoming events at Raynor Memorial Libraries.
ALA President Julie Todaro