Haggerty's latest is Wisconsin's best
The Haggerty Museum of Art’s current exhibition may not be what visitors associate first with the Dairy State, but it proves there’s more to love about Wisconsin than beer and cheese. It is art, fabulous art, each piece a creation by home-grown artists.
Wisconsin Artists Biennial 2007, an exhibition coordinated by Wisconsin Painters and Sculptors, features 67 pieces created since 2003 and chosen from more than 675 submissions. This exhibition runs through July 15, but great art keeps coming to the Haggerty.
Watch for these upcoming exhibitions and more this year.
- Hokusai, Hiroshige and the Utagawa School, Japanese Prints from the Haggerty Collection
- India Poems: The Photographs of Milwaukee Artist Waswo X. Waswo
- Queens and Vagabonds: Paintings by Gina Litherland
- Louise Bourgeois, Recent Projects
- Celebrating Eschweiler’s Architectural Heritage at Marquette University
- Wifredo Lam in North America
- William Hogarth: British Satirical Prints
- Don Doll, S.J., Photography
- Harper’s Weekly: Illustrated Themes of the Nineteenth Century
- Caras Vemos, Corazones No Sabemos (Faces Seen, Hearts
Unknown): The Human Landscape of Mexican Migration
Visit the Haggerty Museum of Art Web site for opening and closing dates.