Classes typically taught:
- Mathematics for High School teachers
- Abstract Algebra
- Linear Algebra
- Foundations of mathematics
- Algebraic Theory of Semigroups
- Currently particularly interested in restriction semigroups
- Jones, Peter R. Varieties of P-restriction Semigroups. Communications in Algebra 42.4 (2013): 1811-1834. 10.1080/00927872.2012.749883
- Jones, Peter R. The Semigroups B_2 and B_0 are Inherently Nonfinitely Based, as Restriction Semigroups. International Journal of Algebra and Computation 23.6 (2013): 1289-1335. 10.1142/S0218196713500264
- Jones, P.R., On lattices of varieties of restriction semigroups, Semigroup Forum, 2012, DOI: 10.1007/s00233-012-9439-6
- Jones, Peter R. A Common Framework for Restriction Semigroups and Regular *-Semigroups. Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, 216 (2012), 618-632.
- P. R. Jones and K. H. Cheong. Lower Semimodular Inverse Semigroups, II, Communications in Algebra, 39 (2011), 955-971.
- P. R. Jones and K. H. Cheong. Semidistributive Inverse Semigroups, II, Communications in Algebra, 39 (2011), 972-991.