Classes typically taught:
Wavelets and applied harmonic analysis:
- Spectral analysis of fractal noise (statistical and signal processing applications) using Wiener's GHA
- Gabor and wavelet analysis of second order processes
Dynamical systems and wavelet theory:
- Analysis of Lagrangian dynamics near coherent feature
- Wavelet theory and dynamical systems approach to quantifying mixing and ergodicity with applications to engineering and geophysical flows
- Rypina, I.I., Scott, S.E., Pratt, L.J., Brown, M.G., Investigating the connection between complexity of isolated trajectories and Lagrangian coherent structures, Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics., 18, 977-987, 2011.
- Scott, S., Redd, T., Mezic, I., Kuznetsov, L., Jones, C., Capturing deviation from ergodicity at different scales, Physica D, 238 1668-1679, 2009.
- Scott, S., Benedetto, J.J., Wiener-Wintner theorem for 1/f power spectra, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 279(2) and 740-755, 2003.
- Scott, S., Benedetto, J.J., Frames, irregular sampling, and a wavelet auditory model, Nonuniform Sampling: Theory and Practice, 585-617, 2001.