Marquette University Carillon
- Bellfounder: Paccard (1967)
- Number of Bells: 48
- Largest Bell: C (5,000 lbs.) connected to C on the keyboard
- Original Keyboard: Paccard (1967)
- New Keyboard: Meeks and Watson (2006)
- Practice Keyboard: Paccard (1967
- New Practice Keyboard: Meeks and Watson (2008?)
- Transmission System: transmission bars
- Carillonneurs: William J. Geisheker (1967-1998) Mark Konewko (1999- )
- Brief History: Although the tower which houses the Marquette University instrument was constructed in 1923, designed to house a carillon, it remained empty until 1967. In the year 1967, the installation of a 48-bell Paccard carillon was made possible by Mrs. John C. Dwan, who was a member of the Board of Regents for Marquette and Chair of the John C. Dwan Educational Foundation of Duluth, Minnesota. Princeton University Carillonneur Arthur Bigelow had been hired to design this Paccard instrument, and the original keyboard was built to his specifications. Following Bigelow’s death in February of 1967, Justin Kramer, and engineer from Los Angeles, was brought in as consultant for the project. Lowell Smith played for the dedication on October 29, 1967.
For more information on the carillon or to schedule a tour, contact us.