New Student and Family Programs, in collaboration with Marquette educators and current students, offers intentional programs for incoming freshmen, transfer students, and their families. These programs welcome students and families to the Marquette community, by:
- Providing distinct resources and services for the varying needs of first-year students, transfer students and families.
- Providing opportunities to learn about the multitude of educational opportunities and resources available to Marquette students.
- Providing opportunities for new students to begin to explore who they are and how they will contribute to Marquette, and local and global communities.
- Providing opportunities for new students to meet each other and to form important connections to classmates.
- Providing opportunities for new students and their families to reflect upon and plan for the complex transition ahead, and to support students and families as they navigate the initial transitional milestones.
The Marquette Parent Program, in collaboration with Marquette educators, offers resources to parents and guardians of current Marquette students. These initiatives support student learning by:
- Educating parents on the wide variety of opportunities and resources available to students at Marquette.
- Empowering parents to support their maturing students in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Engaging parents in campus life during milestone moments (e.g. Orientation and Commencement) and throughout the academic year (e.g. Family Weekend, Parents Basketball Game)
- Communicating with parents about on-campus events and making campus resources accessible to parents.