- Space is limited for 1st Year Experience Retreat
- FERPA notification posted online
- Log in and out required on library computers
- Fall Fashion Show informational meetings are this week
- Sororities hosting ice cream social tomorrow
- Note weekend hours for AMU
- Haggerty Museum showcasing Waswo photographs
- No 4 p.m. Mass at Gesu this Sunday
1. Space is limited for 1st Year Experience Retreat
Open to all freshmen, a 1st Year Experience Retreat offering freshmen an escape from the fast-pace of campus to relax and reflect on their Marquette experience is Sept. 28 and 29. Students explore what has given them energy, what they have struggled with and where God is in their Marquette experiences. Students are able to form community with others who are seeking to invite and experience God's presence in their lives.
Register online. Space is limited. Cost is $30.
For more information, contact Craig Zimmer at 8-0522.
2. FERPA notification posted online
Marquette University is required by federal law to notify all students of their Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act rights at the beginning of each term. The full text of the FERPA policy is found in the Student Handbook and Planner and online.
Contact the Office of the Registrar 8-7034 or at Marquette Hall 310 for more information.
3. Log in and out required on library computers
For student and university security, students are now required to use their eMarq/CheckMarq username and password to log onto Raynor Memorial Libraries computers. It is also important that students remember to log out of their account when finished. Failure to log out leaves student accounts open for others to access.
4. Fall Fashion Show informational meetings are this week
Informational meetings for the 11th Annual Fall Fashion Show hosted by the Bayanihan Student Organization will be held today and tomorrow, Aug. 30 in AMU 305 and Aug. 31 in AMU 252. Both meetings start at 7:30 p.m.
For more information, contact Irish Diwa, Kristin Feliz or Nikki Tud.
The 11th Annual Fall Fashion Show will be Saturday, Nov. 10, in the AMU Grand Ballroom.
5. Sororities hosting ice cream social tomorrow
Find out more about Greek life and Marquette sororities at a free ice cream social tomorrow, Aug. 31, from 1 to 3 p.m. in AMU 227.
Greek organizations donated 16,000 hours of service and raised $60,000 for local charities and philanthropic organizations in the 2006-2007 academic year alone.
Back to Top
6. Note weekend hours for AMU
Labor Day weekend hours for AMU will be:
Saturday, Sept. 1, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 2, 5 to 11 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 3, 4 p.m. to midnight
8. No 4 p.m. Mass at Gesu this Sunday
Due to the Labor Day holiday, 4 p.m. Mass at Gesu Church will not be celebrated this Sunday, Sept. 2. Masses at 4 p.m. at Gesu will resume on Sunday, Sept. 9.
Lutheran services at 6 p.m. in the Chapel of the Holy Family (second floor of the AMU), and evening Masses at 8 and 10 p.m. also in the Chapel of the Holy Family will resume this Sunday, Sept. 2.