- Marquette conducting critical incident simulation exercise Friday
- eMarq e-mail upgraded tomorrow
- Take a summer spin at Helfaer Rec Center
- Enjoy the Brewers, buffet and tailgate with the Annex
- Marquette Interchange highlights for the week of July 9
1. Marquette conducting critical incident simulation exercise Friday
As part of its ongoing emergency preparedness planning, Marquette will conduct a simulated critical incident exercise Friday, July 13. The exercise will not disrupt daily university activities or be evident to most of the campus community.
The Office of Administration, along with other departments, has worked in consultation with an outside emergency planning organization to plan and conduct the exercise. All offices or personnel with direct involvement in the exercise have already been notified. All other university business will be not be affected.
2. eMarq e-mail upgraded tomorrow
IT Services is upgrading all eMarq e-mail (Exchange 2003) to Exchange 2007 this summer. The first visible sign of this move will be Tuesday, July 10, with a new login page for Outlook Web Access. The URL and your username and password will remain the same. Go online for a sample of the new login page, future announcements for mailbox move schedules, and other information.
Exchange 2007 provides better anti-spam control by individual users, better performance as well as many technical improvements.
3. Take a summer spin at Helfaer Rec Center
If you missed the first six weeks of the Helfaer Rec Center's Spin Class, you can still catch the last four weeks, although spots are limited.
The session runs from July 16 to Aug. 9, Mondays and Thursdays from 3:45 to 4:45 p.m. Cost is $25.00. For more information call 8-6976.
4. Enjoy the Brewers, buffet and tailgate with the Annex
Join the Annex Saturday, July 21, for a Brewer game and tailgate party. The package includes an all-you-can-eat tailgate buffet at the Annex, a ticket and shuttle ride to and from the Brewers vs. Giants game at Miller Park, a tailgate at the stadium and an Annex Tailgate T-shirt, for $55 per person.
Call 8-7769 for more information or to RSVP while tickets are available.
5. Marquette Interchange highlights for the week of July 9
• As work on the project moves into a complicated phase, more local street closures will be required. Many of these closures will be simultaneous, reducing or limiting alternative routes. These closures are required due to the demolition and reconstruction of the remaining bridges. As the final stages approach and the work becomes much more challenging due to the height and complexity of these final phases, project administrators ask for your continued patience now that there is a “light at the end of the tunnel.”
• Twentieth Street from Highland to North Avenue is restricted to a single southbound lane due to paving.
• The Kilbourn Bridge over the Milwaukee River will begin a long-term closure in both directions Monday, July 9, for major repairs.
• Clybourn/ Tory Hill between 10th and 16th streets will close in both directions from Monday, July 9, until Friday, July 27. Westbound traffic on Michigan will be detoured north at 10th Street and eastbound traffic on Clybourn will be detoured north at 16th Street. Local, eastbound and university-only traffic will be allowed on Clybourn from 16th to 11th streets. Southbound traffic on 11th Street will continue to have westbound access at Clybourn (right turn only).
• 6th Street between Clybourn and St. Paul will have daytime restrictions Monday and Tuesday, July 9 and 10.
• Night and daytime demolition work will resume July 9, south of Tory Hill. Earplugs remain available in the 1212 Building, room 205.
• Tory Hill/ Clybourn will be closed in both directions from 10th to 16th streets from July 9 to 27.
• St. Paul will be closed in both directions from 5th to 13th streets:
Wednesday, July 11, 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Thursday, July 12, 8 p.m. to 6 a.m
Saturday, July 14, 6 a.m. to Sunday, July 15, 6 a.m.
Back to Top