Two separate robberies were reported to the Milwaukee Police Department shortly after 3 a.m. on Wednesday, March 5. The first robbery occurred within the 500 block of North 18th Street at approximately 2:55 a.m.; the second robbery occurred within the 600 block of North 17th Street at approximately 3:01 a.m. In both incidents, which appear to be related, two suspects in a dark- colored Jeep Grand Cherokee drove up to the victims, who are both Marquette students; one suspect displayed a weapon and demanded personal property. During the first incident, the victim told the suspect she did not have any money. During the second incident, the suspect obtained personal property from the victim. After the second incident, the suspects fled the area in the Jeep. The Department of Public Safety and the Milwaukee Police Department were contacted and immediately responded to both incidents. Neither victim was physically injured.
The suspects in both incidents are described as:
Suspect 1: Black male, approximately 25 years of age, 5'9”, thin to medium build, wearing a black knit hat, a black-hooded sweatshirt and black puffy jacket.
Suspect 2: Black male, no further description available
The vehicle is described as an early to mid 2000's, dark grey, Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV.
Anyone having information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Milwaukee Police Department at 414-935-7360 or Marquette Department of Public Safety at 414-288-6800.
Public Safety strongly recommends that students use LIMO services if traveling at night, in addition to following other personal safety measures, such as:
- Immediately report all crime to Public Safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings and refrain from traveling alone.
- Use the LIMO vans and Student Safety Patrol escorts.
- Keep exterior doors locked at all times.
- Report to Public Safety suspicious people or vehicles traveling in your neighborhood.
- Quickly walk or run away from approaching strangers raising your suspicions. Go to a residence hall, open business or the Public Safety office.
- Familiarize yourself with the location of Blue Light Phones. Over 100 phones, providing a direct link to Public Safety, are located on campus and in the off-campus neighborhood.
Please contact the Department of Public Safety at 288-6800 with any questions or concerns.