An off-campus robbery within the 900 block of North 14th Street was reported to the Department of Public Safety at approximately 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 24. During the incident, three male suspects approached the victim, a Marquette student. One suspect implied he had a weapon by placing his hand in his pocket and demanded personal property. The victim handed over her property and the suspects fled the area. The victim was not physically injured. The Department of Public Safety and Milwaukee Police Department officers were contacted and immediately responded to the scene. Victim services were offered to the student involved in this incident.
The suspects are described as:
Suspect 1: Black male, 17-18 years of age, 6’ tall, slim build, wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt
Suspect 2: Black male, 17-18 years of age, 5’10” tall, slim build, a large Afro-style haircut, wearing a grey, hooded jacket
Suspect 3: Black male, 17-18 years of age, 5’10” tall, slim build
Anyone having information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Milwaukee Police Department at 414-935-7360 or Marquette Department of Public Safety at 414-288-6800.
Public Safety reminds community members to remain diligent in increasing personal safety measures and utilizing Public Safety’s programs and services. Additionally, Public Safety suggests:
• Immediately report all crime to Public Safety.
Please contact the Department of Public Safety at 288-6800 with any questions or concerns.
Be aware of your surroundings and refrain from traveling alone.
• Use the LIMO vans and Safety patrol escorts.
• Keep exterior doors locked at all times.
• Report to Public Safety suspicious people or vehicles traveling in your neighborhood.
• Quickly walk or run away from approaching strangers raising your suspicions. Go to a residence hall, open business or the Public Safety office.
• Familiarize yourself with the location of Blue Light Phones. Over 100 phones, providing a direct link to Public Safety, are located on campus and in the off-campus neighborhood.