Under her leadership, the college became fully fiscally incorporated into Marquette in 1972. The visible evidence of the change was the college's move into a new building on main campus. The building resulted from years of planning, persistence and persuasion by Sister Rosalie and college faculty and staff. A major gift from Emory Clark and university support made her dream a reality.
Sister Rosalie developed a plan to increase the percentage of doctorally prepared faculty so Marquette nursing faculty would be consistent with other disciplines at the university. During Sister Rosalie's deanship, the college established an endowed research fund, a chapter of Sigma Theta Tau — the international nursing honor society — the formal continuing education program, the Wellness Resource Nursing Center and the collaboration model with St. Joseph’s Hospital. After her deanship, Sister Rosalie returned to teaching and became the college's historian. She co-authored the history of the college, Marquette University Nursing Education 1888-1988, with Rita Shaker Fields.