Lisa Thiemann, Ph.D., CRNA, APNP, FNAP
Lisa Thiemann, Ph.D., CRNA, APNP, FNAPMarquette University
Clark Hall, 207MilwaukeeWI53201United States of America(414) email@example.com
Clinical Associate Professor/Director, Nurse Anesthesia Educational Program
Ph.D. in Nursing, Villanova University
- NURS 7810 Scientific Foundation of Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- NURS 7811 Nurse Anesthesia Physiology
- Health Care Policy and Clinical prevention for Improving Population Health
- Population-Based Approaches to Health Care
- Advanced Physiology for Nurse Anesthetists
- Basics of Anesthesia and Advanced Principles of Nurse Anesthesia I, II, III
- Pharmacology of Anesthetic Agents
- Professional Aspects of Nurse Anesthesia
- Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI)
- Phi Kappa Phi (PKP)
- National Academies of Practice, Nursing (NAP)
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA)
- Wisconsin Association of Nurse Anesthetists (WIANA)
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL)
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH)
- Elected Director, Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certifications (ABSNC)
- Member, Villanova University, College of Nursing, Board of Consultors
- Competency/outcome measures related to simulated learning experiences and technological integration into learning
- Performance measurement and quality improvement
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- LeBard, S. and Thiemann, L. Antley-Bixler Syndrome: Anesthetic Management and Concerns for the Pediatric Patient. Paediatric Anaesthesia 1998; 8: 89-91.
- McFadden, J. and Thiemann, L. Evidence-based Practice for Lifelong Learning. AANA Journal, 2009; 77(6): 423-426.
- Thiemann, L. and McFadden, J. Advancing Evidence-based Nurse Anesthesia Practice. AANA Journal, 2010; 78(4): 279-282.
- Thiemann, L. Orthopedic Surgery. In: Karlet M, Ed. Nurse Anesthesia Secrets. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Mosby; 2004: 291- 296.
- Horton, B. & Thiemann, L. Specialty Practice of Nurse Anesthesia. In: Nagelhout J.J. & Plaus, K.L., Eds. Nurse Anesthesia. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Saunders; 2009: 28-33.
- Thiemann, L. & McFadden, J. Evidence-Based Practice and the Nurse Anesthetist: Making the Connection. In: Thompson, J. & Henrichs, B. Eds. A Resource for Anesthesia Educators. Park Ridge, IL: AANA Publishing, 2009: 89-108.
- Thiemann LJ, Robertson KM, Lubarsky DA, & Ranasinghe, S. Eds. Nurse Anesthetist: Pearls of Wisdom. McGraw-Hill Publishers: New York, NY; 2006.
- AANA Annual Meeting, Assembly of School Faculty, Boston, MA, 2011; Integrating the Old with the New: Clinical Instruction and Evidence-based Practice
- AANA Annual Congress, San Francisco, CA, 2012; CDC/HICPAC Guidelines and Anesthesia Care, and Quality Performance Measurement and Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Citizens Advocacy Center, Seattle, WA, 2013; Improving Access in Underserved Communities: Nurse Anesthesia
- 24th Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Research Congress, Prague, Czech Republic, 2013; Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Nonsurgical Pain Management Infection Prevention Competencies
- Dean’s Distinguished Lecturer, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, 2016; Opportunity: Where Do You Want to Go?
- Institute of Credentialing Excellence, webinar, 2016; Legal and Regulatory Issues Regarding Maintenance of Certification that Could Impact Your Program
- American Board of Nursing Specialties, Fall Meeting, Chicago, IL, 2016; Changes in Regulatory Landscape and the Impact to the Public Promise of Certification/Licensure
- Barry University, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Faculty Development Seminar, Miami Shores, FL, 2016; Emerging Trends and Academic Considerations