We are committed to supporting the role of preceptors and the value they add to the provision of quality care within the organization.
Other helpful resources:
- Baggot, D. M., Hensinger, B., Parry, J., Valdes, M. S., & Zaim, S. (2005). Cost-benefit analysis of one retention strategy. Journal of Nursing Administration, 35(3),138-145.Bain, L. (1996). Preceptorship: A review of the literature. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 24, 104-107.
- Brunt, B. A., & Kopp, D. J. (2007). Impact of preceptor and orientee learning styles on satisfaction. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 23(1), 36-44.
- Charleston, R., & Goodwin, V. (2004). Effective collaboration enhanced rural preceptorship training. International Journal of Mental Health Nursing, 13, 225-231.
- Charleston, R., & Happell, B. (2004). Evaluating the impact of a preceptorship course on mental health nursing practice. International Journal of Mental Health Nursing, 13, 191-197.
- Fey, M. K., & Miltner, R. S. (2000). A competency-based orientation program for new graduate nurses. Journal of Nursing Administration, 30(3), 126-132.
- Giles, P. F., & Moran, V. (1989). Preceptor program evaluation demonstrates improved orientation. Journal of Nursing Staff Development, January/February, 17-24.
- Hardy, R., & Smith, R. (2001). Enhancing staff development with a structured preceptor program. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 15(2), 9-17.
- Harper, J. P. (2002). Preceptors’ perceptions of a competency-based orientation. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 18(4), 198-202.
- Henderson, A., Fox, R., & Malko-Nyhan, K. (2006). An evaluation of preceptor’s perceptions of educational preparation and organizational support for their role. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 37(3), 130-136.
- Myrick, F. (2002). Preceptorship and critical thinking in nursing education. Journal of Nursing Education, 41(4), 154-164.
- Myrick, F., & Yonge, O. (2004). Enhancing critical thinking in the preceptorship experience in nursing education. Issues and Innovations in Nursing Education, 45(4), 371-380.
- Neumann, J. A., Brady-Schulttner, K. A., McKay, A. K., Roslien, J. J., Twedell, D. M., & James, K. (2004). Centralizing a registered nurse preceptor program at the institutional level. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 20(1), 17-24.
- Pickens, J. M., & Fargotstein, B. P. (2006). Preceptorship: A shared journey between practice & education. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing, 44(2), 31-36.
- Speers, A. T., Strzyzewski, N., & Ziolkowski, L.D. ( 2004). Preceptor preparation: An investment in the future. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 20(3), 127-133.
- Usher, K., Nolan, C., Reser, P. Owens, J., & Tollefson, J. (1999). An exploration of the preceptor role: preceptor’s perceptions of benefits, rewards, supports and commitment to the preceptor role. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 29(2), 506-514.