Project BEYOND-2 Mentors
Looking for nurse mentors!
The Project BEYOND-2 team is inviting registered nurses to share their knowledge and expertise to help nurture College of Nursing undergraduate students.
Who can be a mentor?
- Registered nurses with a commitment to promoting nursing as an exciting career
- Registered nurses willing to offer positive interactions with undergraduate nursing students
- Registered nurses willing to foster caring and supportive relationships
What is the role of a mentor?
- Serve as a role model
- Share knowledge
- Provide direction
- Promote development within the nursing profession
What are the benefits of mentoring?
- Help students develop leadership skills
- Connect with nursing students interested in growth
- Promote a sense of giving back
- Have a rewarding experience that is pivotal to the effective development of future nurses
How can I become a mentor?
If you are interested in becoming a nurse mentor, please contact Terrie Garcia, M.Ed., RN: (414) 288-3822.