Effective Preceptoring: Tools for Practice
awards contact hours through the Wisconsin Nurses Association and consists of eight modules organized around the function of preceptors as professional role models, socializers, learning facilitators and evaluators. It seeks to help preceptors …
- Learn techniques that can be readily used in practice as a preceptor
- Increase skills and confidence in using these techniques
- Appreciate the role of preceptors in creating cultures of learning that shape the professional practice of preceptees
- Ignite their passion for preceptoring
|The modules include:
| Module 1: Introduction to the Preceptor Role
Module 2: Connecting the Preceptee to the Organization
Module 3: Understanding the Preceptee's Learning Needs
Module 4: Understanding the Preceptee's Personality
Module 5: Creating the Preceptee's Learning Plan
Module 6: Fostering Critical Thinking and Clinical Decision-Making
Module 7: Communication Skills and Conflict Resolution
Module 8: Competency Assessment and Feedback
To begin the Effective Preceptoring: Tools for Practice course, follow these steps:
- Have your username and password ready. (You should have received these from your nursing education coordinator.)
- Print out the information page and have it with you as you begin the course.
- To get started, log in for course access (enter your username and password provided by your nursing education coordinator).
If you are a nursing education coordinator and would like to register a
nurse for this class, please e-mail us with your information. Someone from
our program will contact you.