UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS LEARNING OUTCOMES
The following program outcomes, based on the AACN Essentials of Baccalaureate Education, drive the undergraduate curriculum. The alumnus/a of the undergraduate curriculum will demonstrate the following role dimensions of the professional nurse.
Provider of Care
Use the nursing process to provide evidence-based, culturally competent care that incorporates bio-psycho-social, ethical and spiritual aspects of health.
Demonstrates use of nursing process.
- Performs assessments appropriately
- Accurately analyzes assessment data
- Plans appropriate interventions
- Demonstrates appropriate interventions
- Evaluates patient care outcomes
- Documents accurately
Incorporates bio-psycho-social, ethical and spiritual aspects of health into care.
- Incorporates evidence-based care principles
- Provides ethical, culturally competent care
- Incorporates spiritual components into care
Leader of Care
Facilitate leadership through collaboration and advocacy to design and coordinate safe, cost-effective, quality care for individuals, families and aggregates.
- Demonstrates appropriate coordination, delegation and supervision of nursing care.
- Designs and evaluates safe, effective, quality care for individuals, families and aggregates.
- Advocates for clients through collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
Member of a Profession
Enact professional behaviors that communicate respect for own and others’ values, commitment to ongoing learning, and promotion of social justice.
- Demonstrates the use of professional nursing standards
- Communicates respectfully in a clear accurate, relevant manner in oral, nonverbal and written modes.