Marquette University will accept courses from tertiary level international institutions for transfer credit when the institution is formally recognized by that country's ministry of education or its equivalent. In addition, Marquette will accept courses from accredited U.S. institutions for transfer credit. Credit is also awarded for Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and A-level programs.

The Office of International Education evaluates your credentials for transfer credit after you have received final admission to Marquette University. Once approved, transfer credit will be posted to your CheckMarq student account.

Please submit the following applicable documents to OIE for transfer credit evaluation no later than August 1 (for fall enrollment) or December 1 (for spring enrollment).

Universities in the U.S.
Send the following documents to the Office of International Education.

  • Official transcript

Universities outside the U.S.
Send official copies of the following documents to the Office of International Education.

  • Official transcript
    Note: Attested copies are accepted from countries where attested copies are typically provided. Chinese university transcripts must be verified by the China Academic Degree and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC).
  • Exact English translation of official transcript (if not issued in English)
  • Course descriptions or syllabi of all courses taken (in English)

AP and IB exams
Arrange for your official AP and/or IB results to be sent to Marquette directly from the examination authorities. Only electronic reports from the testing authority will be accepted.

The following charts detail more specific information about AP and IB credit transfer.

Transfer credit is determined using a number of factors including marks/grades received, recognition of the institution and program of study by appropriate authorities, and content of coursework studied. Not all tertiary or post-secondary work will receive transfer credit. For more information, read the credit transfer overview.

Please note: Students who have studied medicine, nursing, and other health related fields may need to have their credentials evaluated by a professional credential evaluation agency.