- The Marquette University Symphony Orchestra provides members with
an opportunity to develop and share musical talents through
participation in a large-group setting.
- Membership is open to any full-time undergraduate student.
Symphony Orchestra is registered as MUSIC 1300 in the University’s
undergraduate course bulletin.
- Students may choose to enroll in Symphony Orchestra for credit,
and in this case, credit earned in Symphony Orchestra (MUSIC 1300)
counts towards the music minor offered through the College of
- Associate membership is available to any part-time undergraduate
student, graduate or professional student, faculty member at Marquette
University or Marquette University alumni at the discretion of the
director, Dr. Jason S. Ladd.
- Auditions are conducted for seating purposes only. All levels of
musical ability are welcomed and encouraged.
- Literature is selected from all periods of music history.
- Some university-owned orchestral instruments are available for
- Rehearsals are held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6pm to 8pm in
the Varsity Theatre. Orchestra is a performance-based course.
Consequently, attendance is mandatory at all rehearsals and
- The Marquette University Symphony Orchestra performs concerts in
October, February, and April, and participates in a music area holiday
concert each December.