Visit the new off-campus website!
The Office of University Apartments and Off-campus Student Services provides students with useful tools to help them find a perfect place and remain comfortable once they've moved in. The Marquette neighborhood and greater Milwaukee community provide a variety of housing options for upperclassmen, graduate students and families.
Several resources are available in the Tenant Guide, including property locations, prices, contact information and amenities. Safety concerns are addressed by the Department of Public Safety, a close partner of our office and a strong presence in the Marquette neighborhood.
The Tenant Guide is an annual publication designed to help students find housing and guide them in their living experiences at Marquette. Resources include:
- Property listings, including price, amenities and contact information
- Safety information relevant to the near Marquette neighborhood
- Leasing rights and responsibilities
- Campus and city resources
- Roommate contracts, budgeting form, and other checklists
The Tenant Guide is now available online!
Neighborhood safetyMarquette's Department of Public Safety is nationally recognized for the services it provides to the campus community. Some unique services offered to students living off campus include:
- Security checks — before signing a lease, contact Public Safety to request that an officer examine the apartment/house to ensure that all entrances and windows are secure
- Vacant house watch — going home for winter break? Let Public Safety know, and officers will pay extra attention to your apartment/house on their routine patrols
If you are having problems with your landlord and need guidance to navigate the terms of your lease, we are happy to help. Three resources that may be helpful:
Milwaukee Department of Neighborhood Services: The city has a searchable database of properties, providing information on past complaints and building status. You can also submit a complaint officially with the city.
MU Volunteer Legal Clinic: The legal clinic is held from 3-7 p.m. every Tuesday at the House of Peace Community Center (1702 W. Walnut; corner of 17th and Walnut streets). Contact them at (414) 933-1300. Take all documentation with you — your lease, any other agreements between you and the landlord, and all correspondence.
Consumer protection: Download the landlord/tenant complaint form. You can also contact the Milwaukee office at (414) 266-1231.
If you need assistance or have questions about the Milwaukee area, contact us at (414) 288-7281 or email@example.com or stop by 1500 W. Wells St., No. 109. If you are interested in receiving a copy of the Tenant Guide, send us your mailing address. We are happy to serve you!