Stephanie Woelfel-Dyess, P.T., M.P.T., CWS, FACCWS
Department of Physical Therapy
Schroeder Complex 346
Stephanie Woelfel-Dyess, an alumnus of Marquette, completed her Masters in Physical Therapy in 1999. She became a certified wound specialist through the American Board of Wound Management in 2002. Ms. Woelfel-Dyess spent the first 10 years of her career treating patients with wounds in long-term acute care and currently works as a Clinical Specialist for Genesis Rehabilitation Services. From 2004 to 2005, Ms. Woelfel-Dyess was a guest lecturer at Marquette in the Physical Therapy Department and in 2005, she joined the faculty, specializing in integumentary physical therapy.
- M.P.T., Physical Therapy, May 1999, Marquette University
- Honors B.A., Psychology, May 1997, Marquette University
- PHTH 7577 Wound Management/Integumentary Physical Therapy
- PHTH 7932 Advanced Topics in Physical Therapy: Integumentary/Wounds
- Guest Lecturer = Marquette University Physician Assistant Program
- Licensed Physical Therapist, state of Wisconsin
- Certified Wound Specialist – American Board of Wound Management
- Fellow – American College of Certified Wound Specialists
- American Physical Therapy Association, since 1993
- Liaison to National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (Presidential appointment conferred March 2007)
- Clinical Electrophysiology & Wound Management Section (APTA)
- Section Program Chair (2009-2012)
- Nominating Committee Chair – Wound Management Special Interest group (2008-2010)
- Secretary/Treasurer – Wound Management Special Interest Group (2006-2008)
Awards and Publications
- Professional Merit Award 2012 – Section on Clinical Electrophysiology & Wound Management
- Spring 2010 – “Wound Healing: Alternatives in Management”, Fourth Ed – Chapter Author
- November 2006 – “The AAWC Conceptual Framework of Quality Systems for Wound Care” Ostomy Wound Management 52(11): 57-66.
- February 2012 -- Pre-conference course at APTA Combined Sections Meeting (Chicago, IL) -- "Physical Therapist Entry-Level Integumentary Content: What Should I Include and How Do I Do It?"
- September 2011 -- Pre-conference course at Clinical Symposium on Advances in Skin & Wound Care (National Harbor, MD) -- "Biophysical Agents: When and How to Use Them"
- February 2010 -- Pre-conference course at APTA Combined Sections Meeting (San Diego, CA) -- "Emerging Pressure Ulcer Care: Options, Updates and Outcomes"
- February 2009 -- Pre-conference course at APTA Combined Sections Meeting (Las Vegas, NV) -- "Wound Care Practices Spanning Across All Settings"
- September 2008 -- Speaker at 12th Annual Wound Care Congress (Kissimmee, FL) -- "Multi-modality Approaches to Wound Management: Evidence, Experience and Outcomes" and "The One That Almost Got Away: A Look at Challenging Cases"
- September 2008 -- Speaker at Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin's Annual Meeting (Green Bay, WI) -- "Helping Wounds to Heal"
- February 2007 -- Speaker at APTA Combined Sections Meeting (Boston, MA) -- "An Evidence-Based Approach to Therapeutic Modalities in Wound Healing" (main session) and "Limb Salvage: Team Approach and Use of Wound Care Modalities" (case study)
- April 2004 -- Speaker at Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (Orlando, FL) -- "Problem Wounds"
- April 2003 -- Speaker at Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (Las Vegas, NV) -- "Complex and Difficult to Heal Wounds"