Coordinating Committee Membership
The strategic planning Coordinating Committee is a working committee convened to gather information, feedback and input from across the university to help inform the creation of a university-wide strategic plan, and to scan the external environment for information and trends that will affect strategic planning decisions. The Coordinating Committee will not be writing the plan or setting priorities; the President and Provost are responsible for the final plan. Individual committee members were chosen for their specific expertise and skills. Work groups representative of a broad range of campus stakeholders will be convened by the Coordinating Committee and other members of university leadership throughout the planning year to ensure full representation of the diverse range of university perspectives.
- Dr. Jeanne Hossenlopp, Vice Provost for Research and Dean of the Graduate School
- Thomas Ganey, University Architect
- Dr. Margaret Callahan, Dean of the College of Nursing
- Octavio "Cas" Castro, Vice President of Human Resources
- Mary Rose Gietl, Undergraduate Student Representative
- Dr. Sandra Hunter, Associate Professor, Exercise Science, Academic Senate Representative
- Jay Kutka, Budget Director, Budget Office
- Dr. Marya Leatherwood, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dr. John Mantsch, Chair and Professor, Biomedical Sciences
- Michael McChrystal, Professor, Law School
- David Murphy, Interim Vice President, Office of Marketing and Communication
- Megan Petrik, Graduate Student Representative
- Timothy Rippinger, Senior Associate Vice President of Development, University Advancement
- Dr. Stephanie Russell, Vice President for Mission and Ministry
- Dr. Jeff Snell, Special Adviser to the President
- Dr. John Su, Professor of English and Director of the Core Curriculum, Office of the Provost
- Inda Ugrina, Database Management Technician, Raynor Memorial Libraries
- Dr. William Welburn, Associate Provost for Diversity and Inclusion
About strategic planning
The Marquette community has committed to creating a comprehensive, university-wide strategic plan to submit to the University Board of Trustees in May 2013. When completed, the strategic plan will provide a blueprint to guide the university's priorities and decision-making for the next five to seven years. This strategic planning website is established as a vehicle for the campus community to learn about the strategic planning process and provide feedback.
"For this plan to be the visionary document we hope it to be, it has to reflect our wisdom, dreams and desires."
President Scott R. Pilarz, S.J.