- Residence Halls
- University Apartments
- Living Learning Communities
- Off-Campus Housing
- On-Campus Dining
- Meal Plan Options
- Residence Life Policies
- Residence Life Staff
- Programming and Hall Government
- Student Handbook
Dorothy Day Social Justice Community
A Living Learning Community
"The greatest challenge of the day is: how to bring about a revolution of the heart, a revolution which has to start with each one of us."
- Dorothy Day
What is the purpose of this community?
The Social Justice Living Learning Community is an opportunity for sophomore students to live on a floor in Straz Tower and focus on creating positive social change.
Participants will take one class with fellow community members each semester:
- Fall semester: Philosophy 2310, Philosophy of Ethics
- Spring semester: Theology 3530, Theology and Economics
The courses include a service-learning component designed to enhance students' academic experience through engagement with Milwaukee.
Spend your sophomore year living with others who have similar goals: advocating for justice issues, whether poverty or fair trade, the environment or education.
What will I gain by being part of the community?
As a member of the Social Justice Living Learning Community, you will:
- Take classes focused specifically on social justice with opportunities for service learning
- Live with others who share the same interest in social justice
- Have access to additional development opportunities within the residence hall
- Connect with faculty and staff members who will help you explore your advocacy and service interests
What can I do to be a part of the community?
All interested students must meet the following qualifications:
- Sophomore standing (second academic year at Marquette) in 2018
- Plan to take PHIL 2310 and THEO 3530 sophomore year
- Submit an application to the community on Marquette Involvement Link
- Frequently asked questions
- Applications are available to apply for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Priority deadline is February 28, 2018 (applications are due March 09, 2018)
If you have any questions, please contact Tracy Gerth-Antoniewicz, Assistant Director for Residence Life Education at email@example.com.