Captain Dorian Woodliff is an Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies and the Recruiting Flight Commander at Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) Detachment 930 at Marquette University in Milwaukee, WI.
Capt Woodliff enlisted the Air Force in January 1993 where he became a Communication and Navigation (COMM/NAV) Systems Specialist and was assigned to the 4th Special Operations Squadron at Eglin AFB, FL. He then transferred to Hurlburt Field, FL working COMM/NAV on the AC-130U Gunship for the 16th Special Operations Squadron. After earning his commission in 2004 from Officer Training School, he attended Space and Missile training at Vandenberg AFB, CA. From there he was assigned to the 4th Space Operations Squadron (SOPS) at Schriever AFB, CO and served as a Satellite Vehicle Operator, Plans and Program Specialist and as the Chief of Maintenance for the $150M Command and Control System-Consolidated, Space Ground Link System. Next, he was assigned to 1st SOPS, serving as a Mission Commander for the $850M Space Based Space Surveillance (SBSS) System. Prior to his current assignment he was the Chief of Space Operations, 613th Air and Space Operations Center, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii, where he led an Air Force team in planning and executing Space Situational Awareness and Theater Missile Defense operation for the Joint Force Air Component Commander and provided space support for Personnel Recovery and Dynamic Targeting operations.
Awards & Decorations
- Air Force Commendation Medal (w/three oak leaf clusters)
- Air Force Achievement Medal (w/one oak leaf cluster)
- Meritorious Unit Award
- AF Outstanding Unit Award (w/Valor device and seven oak leaf clusters)
- Air Force Good Conduct Medal (w/ three oak leaf clusters)
- National Defense Service Medal (w/device)
- Kosovo Campaign Medal (w/device)
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Armed Forces Service Medal (w/device)
- Air and Space Campaign Medal
- NATO Medal
- January 1993 – March 1993, student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, TX.
- March 1993 – August 1993, student, COMM/NAV Technical School, Biloxi AFB, TX.
- August 1993 – April 1995, COMM/NAV Technician, 4th Special Ops Sqn, Eglin AFB, FL.
- April 1995 – August 2004, COMM/NAV Technician, 16th Special Ops Sqn, Hurlburt Field, FL
- August 2004 – November 2004, student, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, AL.
- November 2004 – June 2005, student, Space Pre-requisite Training, Vandenberg AFB, CA.
- June 2005 – November 2008, Satellite Vehicle Operator, Plans & Program Specialist, and Chief of Space Ground Link Systems Maintenance, 4th Space Ops Squadron (SOPS), Schriever AFB. CO.
- November 2008 – June 2010, Mission Commander, SBSS, 1 SOPS, Schriever AFB, CO
- June 2010 – May 2012, Chief, Space & Missile Defense Operations, 613th AOC, JBPH-H, HI.
- May 2012 – Present, Recruiting Flight Commander, AFROTC Det. 930, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
- 1998 - Airman Leadership School, Hurlburt Field, FL
- 2000 - AAS, Avionics Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force
- 2003 - Professional Cert., Aviation Safety, Embry-Riddle Aeron. University, Hurlburt Field, FL
- 2003 - B.S. Professional Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Hurlburt Field, FL
- 2003 - Non-Commissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, FL
- 2004 - Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, AL
- 2005 - Air & Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, AL
- 2008 - M.B.A. Webster University, Colorado Springs, CO
- 2009 - Squadron Officer School (non-residence)
- 2009 - Professional Certificate, Effective Leadership, University of Notre Dame, IN
- 2009 - Professional Certificate Leading Teams & Orgs, University of Notre Dame, IN
- 2009 - Professional Certificate, Exec Leader Strategies, University of Notre Dame, IN
- 2010 - Space Warfighter Prep Course, Advanced Space Operations School, Colorado Springs, CO
- 2012 – Associate Professor of Aerospace Studies, The Holm Center, Maxwell AFB, AL
- Airman First Class 14 Jan 1993
- Senior Airman 14 May 1995
- Staff Sergeant 01 Apr 1999
- Technical Sergeant 01 Jul 2002
- Second Lieutenant, 10 Nov 2004
- First Lieutenant, 10 Nov 2006
- Captain, 10 Nov 2008