Course and site listing for Abir Bekhet
HEAL 1025: Culture and Health
Course Learning Objectives Related to Service Learning:
- Discuss selected worldviews on health and illness as influenced by culture
- Explore select cultural theories to enhance students’ ability to work with people from different cultures
- Analyze the health/illness beliefs and practices of selected populations
- Identify differences and similarities in communication, values, practices, and beliefs between one’s own culture and other cultures.
- Explain the relationships among social determinants of health (such as race, gender, ethnicity, and disability), health care systems, and health disparities.