Cheryl Maranto, Ph.D
203A David Straz Hal
Course Learning Objectives that are related to Service Learning:
1. Obtain an understanding of the nature of differences among key ethnic and cultural groups in organizations. Althoughevery individual is unique, and each individual differs in the strength of their cultural group identification, to manage diversity you must differentiate between culture and stereotypes.
2. Learn to be aware of your own assumptions, attitudes and stereotypes regarding diverse groups.
3. Identify the potential “human universals” that link all cultures.
4. Reflect more critically upon the role that you play in promulgating and/or dispelling prejudice and discrimination.
5. Take action, in both personal and professional realms, to enact the Ignatian ideal of social justice as it pertains to issues of cultural diversity.