Office: 416 Lalumiere Hall
Phone: (414) 288-7914
Contact via e-mail
Associate Professor; Marquette University, Department of Social and Cultural Sciences; 2014-.
Assistant Professor; Marquette University, Department of Social and Cultural
Assistant Professor; University of California, Berkeley, Department of Sociology;
- PhD 2000. The University of Chicago, Department of Sociology.
• Dissertation: The Limits of Tolerance: Homosexuality and the Politics of Church.
- MA 1994. The University of Chicago, Department of Sociology.
• Thesis: “Insult and Inclusion: The Term Fag Hag and Gay Male
- BA 1991. The University of Chicago, The College.
• Honors in the College.
• Honors in the Collegiate Program in Sociology.
- God, Sex and Politics: Homosexuality and Everyday Theologies (University of Chicago
- Moon, Dawn, 2012. "Difficult Dialogues: The Technologies and Limits of Reconciliation." Religion on the Edge: De-Centering and Re-Centering the Sociology of Religion. Ed. Courtney Bender, Wendy Cadge, Peggy Levitt, and David Smilde, 179-199. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Moon, Dawne. 2014. "Beyond the Dichotomy: Sex Religious Views of Homosexuality," Journal of Homosexuality 61 (9): 1215-1241.
- Moon, Dawne. 2013. "Powerful Emotions: Special Power and the (Productive and Punitive) Force of Collective Feeling," Theory & Society. 42 (3): 261-294.
- Moon, Dawne. 2012. "Who Am I and Who Are We? Conflicting Narratives of Collective Selfhood in Stigmatized Groups," American Journal of Sociology 117 (5): 1336-1379.
- Dawne Moon. 2004. "The Sociology of Sexualities: Queer
and Beyond," Annual Review of Sociology 30: 47-64.
- Messner, Michael A., Dawne Moon, Raka Ray, and Barrie Thorne. 2004.
"Roundtable: The Reconstitution of Gender in Contemporary Society," Berkeley
Journal of Sociology 48: 126-43.
- Moon, Dawne. 2003. "Gay Pain in Church," Contexts: Understanding People in
Their Social Worlds 2:1 (January 2003): 58-59.
- Moon, Dawne. 1995. "Insult and Inclusion: The Term Fag Hag and Gay Male
'Community,'" Social Forces 74 (2): 487-510.