SPARK (Summer Priority Advising & Registration Kick-off)
SPARK, which occurs in summer, is mandatory for all new first-year students. It offers students and their families the opportunity to peer into their lives at Marquette University and prepare for their upcoming transition to college. Students will also register for classes and meet with representatives from the colleges and campus community.
SPARK is designed for new students and their parents/guardians who will be helping support their student through their Marquette experience. They will have separate programming and schedules to help provide information and answer questions.
Personalized registration links are available on your Marquette Student Status page after payment of tuition deposit. We are encouraging registration by May 5.
There is a non-refundable $100 registration fee for this program that must be paid to reserve your spot in your selected session.
Students attending Sessions 1–5 will be assigned housing in one of our residence halls on campus. If necessary, guests will need to book their own accommodations on campus by contacting Marquette Conference Services at (414) 288-4737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours. Accommodations may also be made at local hotels. One campus option will be Straz Tower.
SPARK 2018 will use the Marquette University app powered by Guidebook for all schedules, maps, handouts and more. Check out the web-based version of the app starting May 1.
For students and families traveling long distances, we recommend flying into Milwaukee on Day 1 by 11 a.m. and flying out on Day 2 after 2 p.m.
For questions, please contact the Office of Student Development at email@example.com or (414) 288-1412.
- Session 1: June 5–6
- Session 2: June 10–11
- Session 3: June 12–13
- Session 4: June 14–15
- Session 5: June 18–19
- Session 6: August 22
Sessions by college (space is limited and sessions will fill):
- Klingler College of Arts and Sciences — All Sessions
- College of Business Administration — All Sessions
- Diederich College of Communication — Sessions 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6
- College of Education - Sessions 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Opus College of Engineering — All Sessions
- College of Health Sciences — All Sessions
- College of Nursing — Sessions 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6
* Session 6 is only for students who are coming from far distances from campus and is our smallest session, as the campus prepares for Orientation and the start of classes. Housing will not be provided to students and families attending Session 6.