Speech Patholology and Audiology student

To apply for the BIES specialization program, students should first apply to the master of science program in Speech Language Pathology. View instructions and application form for the M.S. program. On the application you should select master of science as your degree and then enter BIES as the area of specialization. The statement of purpose submitted with the application should reflect the goal of becoming a bilingual speech-language pathologist.

In addition to the Graduate School application, students should also download and complete the BIES application form. This form should then be either emailed in electronic form or mailed in hard copy to:

Linda K. Crowe, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Professor, Chair
Harriet Barker Cramer Hall, 223F
Phone: (414) 288-3428

Candidates for the BIES specialization must be accepted to the master’s degree program in speech-language pathology. Applications are first reviewed for admission to the M.S. program. Once a decision to admit to the M.S. program has been made, applications of students interested in pursuing a BIES specialization are then reviewed separately for admission to the BIES program.

Acceptance into the BIES program is based on academic potential, evidence of Spanish proficiency (through coursework and related experience) and commitment to working with Spanish-speaking individuals. Although students are not required to take a Spanish proficiency assessment to be admitted into the BIES program, a successful assessment will improve chances for admission. See Coursework and Spanish Proficiency Requirements for a description of the proficiency testing procedure. Students admitted to the BIES program must meet proficiency standards prior to beginning clinical practicum in Spanish.


Contact Speech Pathology and Audiology