- At Marquette Policies and Procedures
- Student Conduct Code
- Conduct Questions and Answers
- Student Organization Policies
- Policies Related to Greek Life
- Office of Student Development Forms and Resources
Marquette University maintains a no weapons allowed policy to the extent permitted under 2011 Wisconsin Act 35, which authorizes the carrying of concealed weapons by licensed individuals. The university complies with applicable state and federal statutes and local ordinances regarding the possession of firearms or other dangerous weapons. The policy, in its entirety, may be viewed at Marquette's weapons policy page.
The university prohibits the possession of weapons in campus buildings, including both academic and office facilities and residence halls. Specifically, students are not permitted to:
- Carry any weapons on university property except as expressly permitted by applicable State law.
- Openly carry any weapons on university property.
- Carry any weapons in any university building or leased space or at any university special event marked with signage specifying “Weapons are prohibited in this building.”
- Carry or store any weapon in a university owned or leased vehicle.
- Store any weapon in a personally owned vehicle on university property except in the vehicle’s glove compartment or trunk, or encased such that the existence of the weapon is concealed. Encased means completely zipped, snapped, buckled, tied, or otherwise fastened, with no part of the weapon exposed.
- Fail to lock a personally owned vehicle on university property that contains any weapon when the student is not present in the vehicle.
- Possess unloaded ammunition on university property.
- Imply possession of, threaten to use, display, brandish, use, or discharge a weapon on university property for any purpose or reason except lawful self-defense or lawful defense of others.
- Sell or serve alcohol on university property to any person whom the employee has reason to believe is carrying a concealed weapon.
- Fail to report timely to the Marquette University Police Department the presence on university property of any person whom the student has reason to believe is in possession of or carrying a weapon in violation of university policy, unless doing so would subject the student to others to the threat of physical harm, or take other action in response to the presence of any person whom the student has reason to believe is in possession of or carrying a weapon in violation of university policy except for reporting the presence of the weapon to the Marquette University Police Department.
Students are subject to proceedings under the student conduct process for any violations of these requirements.
The Marquette University Police Department offers students the opportunity to store weapons in an off-campus location.