- J. D. Atkins was awarded an Arthur J. Schmitt Fellowship for 2013-1014.
- Joseph Gordon is one of seven Graduate Fellows chosen to participate in the 2013 Collegium Summer Colloquy on Faith and Intellectual Life being held June 14-21 at University of Portland, Oregon. The Collegium colloquy engages faculty and promising graduate students from all traditions to discover how they can make a particular contribution to their institution's identity that respects and explores Catholicism's traditions and goals, while also respecting and taking advantage of their own religious perspectives and talents.
- Helga Kisler received Mount Mary College's 2012 “Excellence in Teaching” award for part-time faculty. Kisler began teaching at Mount Mary College in 2004. She graduated cum laude from Mount Mary’s Honors Program with a B.A. and triple major in theology, English, and art therapy. She received her M.A. in Theology from Marquette University where she is currently a Ph.D. candidate. Nominating students called Kisler “someone who goes out of her way to encourage her students to expand their knowledge and understanding.”
- Paul Monson was awarded an external grant: American Catholic Historical Association Presidential Travel Award ($500) for 2013 Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA.
- Kellen Plaxco will receive a Raynor Fellowship next year.
- Lincoln Rice won a 2012 Richard and Louise Goodwin Prize for Excellence in Theological Writing, for his essay, “St. Thomas Aquinas’s Theology of Poverty as a Scripturally-Based Resource for Addressing the Sustainability Crisis.” Abstracts of the winning essays and biographies of the winners will be posted on the Theological Horizons website.
- Lincoln Rice has been awarded a Charles M. Ross Trust Scholarship in the amount of $1,000. The scholarship is awarded to “gifted students of promise who are committed to world service, and embarked upon a course of training or education in the fields of religion, sociology, medicine, teaching, or other fields of endeavor designed to develop leadership qualities in any field devoted to the welfare of mankind.”