A Celebration of Research
2021 College of Arts & Sciences Research Poster Session: Tuesday, November 9, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (program at 11:30 a.m.)
This event showcases and celebrates the many contributions and rich variety of research that takes place within the Klingler College of Arts and Sciences. This event will take place in the Alumni Memorial Union (AMU) ballrooms from 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. with a short program starting at 11:30 a.m.
Open to all College faculty, students (graduate and undergraduate) and staff from all departments (humanities, natural sciences, social sciences) with the following objectives:
- Demonstrate the breadth of research and creative projects of our faculty, students and staff.
- Promote engagement in research and experiential learning in the college.
- Encourage interaction and discussion with researchers and peers in other disciplines, departments and majors.
- Connect with and discuss your research with a wide range of people. A great way to improve and fine-tune your presentation skills.
The Poster Session Guidelines and Information document can be found here. Please contact us with any questions.
We look forward to seeing your work!
Expand all | Collapse all
All Klingler College of Arts and Sciences faculty members, graduate students, undergraduate students and staff are welcome to participate.
- Print should be readable three to six feet away.
- Be sure to edit and evaluate your content before printing.
- Portrait or landscape orientation is acceptable; none of the dimensions should exceed 42".
- No matter what software you design your poster in, adjust the size so it scales and prints well. When saving your final document, be sure to save it as a PDF (if you are having it printed at the Raynor library)
- Raynor Memorial Library will print posters.
- October 26 is the submission deadline to have your poster printed for this event.
- Several file formats can be used, however PDFs are the only format submitted to the library (be sure to save your final document as a PDF).
- Please allow at least three (3) business days for printing.
- The College will assist with the cost of one standard or glossy poster print from Raynor Memorial Library. The College will not cover the cost(s) of a poster that has been printed and used for a past conference, poster session, etc.
Workshops: Ott Memorial Writing Center
- The Ott Memorial Writing Center will host two workshops that will highlight various ways scholars from across disciplines use posters to circulate information about their research.
- Register here
- Thursday, October 28 at 3:30 p.m., Raynor Library, Room 245
- Friday, October 29 at 11:00 a.m., Raynor Library, Room 245
Event Day Set-Up: Tuesday, November 9
- Please be sure that your poster is ready to present at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, November 9. The Alumni Memorial Ballrooms will be open for set-up starting at 9:00 a.m. on this day.
- College staff will be on hand to assist you.