Search process for College of Business Administration dean
A search committee was named to identify the next dean of the James H. Keyes Dean of the College of Business Administration. The committee, which comprises faculty and staff and a dean, student and trustee, is chaired by Dr. Felicia Miller, associate professor of marketing.
See who is on the search committee.
- Keyes Dean of Business Administration named on Jan. 13.
NOVEMBER TO DECEMBER
- Search committee, provost and President Lovell interviewed semi-finalists off campus
- Search committee recommended finalists to the provost and President Lovell
- Finalists visited campus and interacted with the COBA Dean search committee, Executive Committee of University Academic Senate, and select members of the Marquette community.
- Participants in finalist visits completed online feedback form
- Search committee discussed campus feedback and provided evaluations of each finalist to the provost
- Due diligence, including references and background checks, conducted
- Provost made offer to a finalist
SEPTEMBER TO NOVEMBER
- Search committee reviewed candidates
- Feedback from search committee calibrated Isaacson, Miller’s recruiting strategy
- Search committee reviewed candidate pool and identified semi-finalists
- Isaacson, Miller used Opportunity and Challenge Profile to recruit candidates
- Search committee discussed feedback from the college and from the larger campus community
- Isaacson, Miller and search committee used feedback from listening sessions and online submissions to develop the Opportunity and Challenge Profile
- Search committee discussed the Opportunity and Challenge Profile
- With Acting Provost Ah Yun’s approval, Isaacson, Miller began using the Opportunity and Challenge Profile to recruit candidates
- Search committee met with Jessica Franken, associate general counsel; Lynn Mellantine, assistant vice president for human resources; William Welburn, vice president for inclusive excellence; Fred Zagone, S.J., acting vice president for mission and ministry; regarding best practices for hiring focused on diversity and inclusion, hiring for mission, and legal do’s and don’ts.
- Search committee and Isaacson, Miller conduct listening sessions with following groups:
- Faculty (three sessions)
- Staff (two sessions)
- President’s Advisory Team
- Direct reports to the dean
- Center and program directors
- Academic deans
- Members of the University Academic Senate
- College of Business Administration Leadership Council (business leaders)
- Search committee holds first meeting, Acting Provost Ah Yun gives charge to committee
- Search committee announced
- Dr. Felicia Miller accepts Acting Provost Kimo Ah Yun's invitation to chair the College of Business Administration dean search committee
- Marquette hires Isaacson, Miller as executive search firm
- Acting Provost Ah Yun determines search will be closed, meaning names of finalists will not be made public
- Using Suggested Procedure for Conducting Dean Searches, college faculty and staff vote to select members of search committee
- Acting Provost Ah Yun invites additional individuals (a dean, trustee, Mission and Ministry representative and University Advancement representative) to serve on search committee