Important dates for Fall 2022
Students apply during the fall semester of their sophomore year and notification of acceptance occurs before advising week. If at any time a student leaves or is dropped from the program, all credits earned at that point will be counted towards an AIM major.
Acceptance into the program will be based on:
- Grades earned through the end of the spring semester of freshman year and fall semester mid-terms of sophomore year (GPA ≥ 3.0)
- One letter of recommendation
- Application essay
Before beginning this application, please have the following items ready:
- A copy of your Marquette University "graduation checklist" from CheckMarq
- Cover page and essay: please follow the instructions below
- Your current resume
Cover Page and AIM Essay
- A cover page with three bullet points no longer than one line each, highlighting the three most important things we should know from the essay
- An essay not exceeding one single-spaced page
This essay will help us learn:
- Who you are, what motivates you, and how you motivate others
- How you would add value if admitted into AIM (why should we choose you?)
- Additional information you believe we should know about you
Please ensure the essay includes qualitative information (written text about you), and quantitative information (numerical information that helps back up what you say). You are welcome to include citations and links to website where relevant. These citations can be included in an extra page will not count against your page count requirements.
One letter of recommendation addressed to Dr. Wall and Dr. Valentine should be submitted electronically. Please share the link below with your recommenders for direct letter upload:
Recommendation upload link: https://marquette.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bayu7xVkIg1qMGa
If you have any questions regarding this process, feel free to contact: Jessica Hoerres, Room DS 402, 414-288-8024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.