Business Career Center Challenge
Have you heard the advice to “get involved on campus?” There are numerous reasons why this advice is excellent – making friends on campus, trying new things and preparing for your career!
Before internships, one of the best ways to build the skills, experiences and career knowledge that employers look for is to attend events, get involved and try new experiences.
Getting involved is so important, we will reward you for doing so through the Business Career Center Challenge – Attend 4 events in your first semester at Marquette University and receive a professional portfolio to use at future career events and interviews! Students enrolled in LEAD 1050 are eligible for the Business Career Center Challenge.
How Does the Challenge Work?
- Approved Events
- Review the list below for approved “Business Career Center Challenge Events.” Additional events will be added to this list as they are posted to Handshake.
- Marquette student organization meetings. Email email@example.com with a picture of yourself at the meeting with the club name and the focus of the meeting.
- Ineligible Events
- Career Awareness Night is a required LEAD 1050 class meeting and will not count as a separate event.
- Lobby Tables – Connecting with employers at lobby tables is great but for this challenge, you need to attend and participate in an event or student org. meeting for it to count!
- Event Tracking: BCC staff will track event attendance through MUID swipe check-in.
- Submit a Selfie! If you attend a career event without MUID swipe check-in – including student organization meetings - take a selfie of yourself at the event (with something to identify the event in the background) and email firstname.lastname@example.org with the selfie, the event name and the focus of the event.
Fall 2018 Events
- Career Office Hours: Leadership Development – Sept. 17, Sept. 24 & Oct. 1 (RSVP required)
- Bill Walker (Investments) Office Hours – Sept. 19 & Oct. 3 (RSVP required)
- Baird Information Session - Equity Research Focus – Sept. 24
- BizNet – Sept. 25
- Career Fair Non-Technical Day – Sept. 26
- Cleary Gull Class Presentation – Sept. 26, 4:00 and 5:30pm (RSVP required, submit a selfie)
- Career Fair Technical Day – Sept. 27
- Ready, Set, Serve Retreat – Sept. 28 - Sept. 29 (RSVP required, submit a selfie)
- Rockwell Automation Innovation Challenge – Sept. 29 (RSVP required, submit a selfie)
- Harris Williams Class Presentation – Oct. 1, 4:00 and 5:30pm (RSVP required, submit a selfie)
- Amazon Information Session – Oct. 2
- Marketing Lunch & Learn – Oct. 3
- Jacquin Davidson (Entrepreneurship) Office Hours – Oct. 3, Oct. 10 & Oct. 24 (RSVP required)
- Marburg Memorial Lecture – Oct. 8, 4:00pm (submit a selfie)
- Sales Program Kickoff Event – Oct. 9, 6:00pm (submit a selfie)
- International Sports Management Event – Oct. 9, 5:00pm (RSVP required, submit a selfie)
- Entrepreneurship Lunch & Learn – Oct. 10
- UPS Info Session – Oct. 10 (submit a selfie)
- Baird Class Presentation – Oct. 10, 4:00 and 5:30pm (RSVP required, submit a selfie)
- Commercial Banking Program Open House – Oct. 12 (submit a selfie)
- UPS Diversity & Inclusion Event – Oct. 17 (submit a selfie)
- Imployed: Using Improv Skills in Job Interviews – Oct. 19 (RSVP required, submit a selfie)
- The BuiltWorlds Hackathon – Oct. 19 - Oct. 21 (RSVP required, submit a selfie)
- Business Analytics Lunch & Learn – Oct. 23
- HK Systems Class Presentation – Oct. 24, 4:00 and 5:30pm (RSVP required, submit a selfie)
- PKWARE Drop-in Hours – Oct. 25 (RSVP required)
- Uncommon Pathways – Oct. 25 (RSVP required, submit a selfie)
- Careers in Finance – Oct. 26 (submit a selfie)
- Real Estate Intro Night – Oct. 29 (submit a selfie)
- Brazen Event Inside Sales Info Session – Oct. 29 (submit a selfie)
- Supply Chain Lunch & Learn – Nov. 1
- Marcus Corporation Class Presentation – Nov. 5, 4:00 and 5:30pm (RSVP required, submit a selfie)
Support: The Business Career Center Challenge is provided with support from Direct Supply, Northwestern Mutual (corporate office), the Northwestern Mutual Greater Milwaukee field office and Uline.
Questions: Contact the Business Career Center | email@example.com | 414.288.7927 | David Straz room 277