David Straz Hall, 381MilwaukeeWI53201United States of America(414) firstname.lastname@example.orgCurriculum Vitae
Sangho Chae joined Marquette University in August 2019. His research focuses on supply network structures and their implications for innovation, supply risk, and sustainability. In particular, he is interested in multi-tier sourcing practices where buying firms try to manage suppliers’ suppliers. Factors that bring changes to supply network structures are also in his research interests. His research appears in Journal of Supply Chain Management, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management, Decision Support Systems, and Supply Chain Management Review. His prior positions include assistant professor at Tilburg University and junior manager in supply chain management at Samsung Electronics. He holds his Ph.D. from Arizona State University.
- Ph.D., Arizona State University, United States, 2017
- M.Sc., The University of Manchester, United Kingdom, 2008
- B.B.A., Yonsei University, Republic of Korea, 2007
- Supply network structures and their implications for innovation, supply risk, and sustainability
- Multi-tier sourcing practices
- Behavioral bias in supply chain decision-making
Chae, S., Yan, T., and Yang, Y., forthcoming, “Supplier Innovation Value from a Buyer-Supplier Structural Equivalence View: Evidence from the PACE Awards in the Automotive Industry,” Journal of Operations Management.
Chae, S., Mena, C., Polyviou, M., Rogers, Z.S., Wiedmer, R., 2019, “The Effects of Tariffs on Supply Base Adaptation Speed and Complexity: A Conceptual Framework,” Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management 25(4).
Chae, S., Lawson, B., Kull, T.J., and Choi, T.Y., 2019, “To Insource or Outsource the Sourcing? A Behavioral Investigation of the Multi-Tier Sourcing Decision,” International Journal of Operations and Production Management 39(3), 385-405. (Lead article)
Shao, B., Shi, Z., Choi, T.Y., and Chae, S., 2018, “A Data-Analytics Approach to Identifying Hidden Critical Suppliers in Supply Networks: Development of Nexus Supplier Index,” Decision Support Systems 114, 37-48.
Chae, S., Choi, T.Y., and Hur, D., 2017, “Buyer Power and Supplier Relationship Commitment: A Cognitive Evaluation Theory Perspective,” Journal of Supply Chain Management 53(2), 39-60.
Kull, T.J., Chae, S., and Choi, T.Y., 2017, “The Future of Supply Management,” Supply Chain Management Review Jan/Feb, 36-42.
- Excellent Teacher Award, Tilburg University, 2018 and 2019
- Harry Boer Best Paper Award, EurOMA 2017 Conference, 2017
- John W. Teets Outstanding Teaching Award, Arizona State University, 2017
- Top Award, The Institute for Supply Management Dissertation Grant, 2016