Any questions about the conference? Please email or call email@example.com
2019 Real Estate Strategies Conference
The future of the workplace
Thursday, September 12, 2019
The 8th annual Marquette University Real Estate Strategies Conference was held on Thursday, September 12, 2019. More than 350 people were in attendance to explore the theme, “The Future of the Workplace.” The day kicked off with a riveting panel exploring ideas around how workplaces are changing, the best workplace setup to support productivity, how co-working is growing and what that means for how people work, how investors should think about both amenities and services that are offered through their properties, and how buildings are being developed to help with the future of the workplace. Following the panel, Pat Goepel presented on how technology, data, and artificial intelligence are being used to measure how companies are using space and where they can find efficiencies. Finally, keynote speaker Mary Ludgin delivered a stellar presentation on the state of the market from Heitman’s perspective ($43bn in AUM) and what trends they’re seeing around the future of the workplace.
Save the date: The 9th annual Marquette University Real Estate Strategies Conference will be held on Thursday, September 10th, 2020
Keynote: Mary Ludgin, Senior Managing Director & Head of Global Research, Heitman
Pat Goepel, Chief Executive Officer, Asure Software
Panel: The Future of the Workplace
Dr. Anthony Pennington-Cross and Director Andy Hunt were interviewed by the MKE Forward Podcast (via Colliers Milwaukee) on the topic of productivity in open office environments. Here’s a description of their podcast:
- Open Office: A Complete Failure?
- September 12, 2019
- As companies and organizations look at their workplaces, more and more are looking at their space through a strategic lens, seeking to improve productivity, collaboration and even culture. As a result, the prevalence of open office concepts has increased across the globe. But, do they work? Are open workplaces increasing worker productivity and collaboration? Tune in to hear from Dr. Anthony Pennington-Cross and Andy Hunt from Marquette University’s Center for Real Estate, as they discuss the research and findings of renowned economists from around the world.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts (link: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/open-office-a-complete-failure/id1463087316?i=1000449497979)
- Listen on Stitcher (link: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/colliers/mke-forward-powered-by-colliers)
Thank you to our generous sponsors
- First Weber Realtors
- Mandel Group, Inc.
- Ogden & Company
- von Briesen & Roper, s.c.
Alpha Capital CRE
Capitol Seniors Housing
Cobalt Partners LLC
Cushman & Wakefield | The BOERKE Company
First American Title
FORE Investment Group
Founders 3 Real Estate Services
Michael Best & Friedrich, LLP
Northwestern Mutual Real Estate
Royal Capital Group