Supply Chain Management Executive Education
Module 1: Supply Chain Leadership
Marquette University's Center for Supply Chain Management is pleased to launch the first of three Supply Chain Management Executive Education modules: Supply Chain Leadership.
2239 Pewaukee Road
Waukesha, WI 53188
Objectives and Benefits:
- Understand how supply chain design decisions affect costs, constraints, and the ability to adapt
- Integrate supply chain strategy, planning and execution process
- Diagnose the root causes of poor supply chain performance
- Quantify the devastating effects of uncertainty on supply chain performance and develop mitigation strategies
- Develop methods for identifying organizational structure and performance metric disconnects and develop business cases for change
- Simulate supply chain decisions, behavior, and performance through a comprehensive in-class exercise
- Strategic supply chain design
- Risk and uncertainty management
- Inventory optimization
- Performance metrics
- Production strategies
- Information systems design
- Dr. James A. Rappold
- Pedro Rodriguez
About the Instructors:
Dr. James Rappold is the president of Supply Chain Sciences, Inc. a supply chain management consultancy and developer of advanced decision support software. Dr. Rappold was a faculty member at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Business and College of Engineering where he also served as the program director of supply chain executive education. He has published research articles in Operations Research, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management and other academic journals. He is the recipient of numerous teaching awards including the Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Award. He holds a BS in Industrial Management and Mathematics from Carnegie Mellon University and an MS and PhD in Operations Research and Industrial Engineering from Cornell University
Pedro Rodriguez is the managing director of Supply Chain Sciences, Inc. Mr. Rodriguez is the former Director of Global Materials Planning at Rockwell Automation based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin responsible for over $500 million in global inventory. Pedro has led teams in procurement, strategic sourcing, operations, materials planning, logistics, and supply chain lean six sigma in the automotive, aerospace, industrial equipment and automation industries. He has also served as an engineering officer in the Spanish Merchant Marine. He has taught executive education programs at the UW-Madison, Lehigh University, and Rollins College. Pedro holds a BS in Marine Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia in Barcelona, Spain, and MS in Industrial Engineering and MS in Business from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
For additional information about this course and updates on dates and locations for the two additional modules - (Supply Chain Optimization and Supply Chain Collaboration) to be offered in 2020, please visit Marquette University Center for Supply Chain - Executive Education or contact the Marquette University Center for Supply Chain Management at (414) 288-7089.