Finding God in All Things Retreat
October 29-30, 2021
St. Ignatius insisted that God is really present in all things, and this retreat explores how. Over the weekend, we build a community where God questions are on the table. Here are a few that often get discussed:
- When is it easy to find God, and what do I do about those situations and places where God seems absent?
- How do other people find God? What has their journey been like?
- What role does religion and spirituality play as I seek God?
- Does finding God in all things change me in some way?
Each Finding God retreat has its own flavor, which comes out of the unique dynamic of each student lead team. But no matter when you go, you can expect to bond over meals, experiment with new types of prayer, have fun outside, hear students’ stories, play sports/games/music, pray by candlelight, and meet people who are willing to share their questions and hear yours.
All students, both undergraduate and graduate, of the Marquette Community.
Retreat Location: Camp Minikani – Hubertus, WI
Camp Minikani is a camp/retreat center located about 30 minutes north of Milwaukee. It features multiple lakes, ecosystems, and green spaces connected by miles of nature trails. Inside our lodgings at the Halquist Family Lodge are comfortable sleeping rooms and a great room that features a huge, beautiful fireplace.
Meet at Campus Ministry (AMU 236) at 5:00 pm on Friday.
We will return to campus at 7:30pm on Saturday.
In order to give all retreatants as meaningful and safe a retreat experience as possible, the following policies will be in place in order to mitigate COVID risk:
- Masks will be required when indoors (except when eating/drinking) and when on the bus
- Weather permitting, we will do as many retreat activities outdoors as possible
- Retreatants attending with other members of their COVID "bubble" may request to stay in the same room as those members. The bedrooms on this retreat are large, dorm-style rooms sleeping about 12, so retreatants are also asked to wear masks in their rooms except when sleeping.
$15, which covers transportation, food and lodging. Financial assistance is readily available; see the Retreat FAQ page for more information.
Registration for the Finding God in All Things Retreat is closed.
For any questions or for further information, please contact:
Campus Ministry, AMU 236
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881