Monday, Dec. 14- Thursday, Dec. 17
Following a highly unusual and often stressful semester, the Ignatian Dive Retreat (Virtual) offers an opportunity to slow (way) down, dive into some classic Ignatian prayer practices, and transition intentionally into winter break.
The retreat will consist of morning and evening prayer and conversation, with a prayer practice to try sometime in between. We will be minimizing screen time and maximizing flexibility so that you can retreat even if you have some family or work responsibilities, while digging in more deeply if you have more time and space.
The Ignatian Dive retreat will also feature personal and meaningful talks about Ignatian spirituality from well-loved members of the Marquette community, including:
- Cathy Dante (spiritual director, graduate student, and Straz Hall Minister)
- Steve Molvarec, SJ (history professor and community member on two Marquette Experience Retreats)
- And others
This is a cozy and relaxed retreat you’ll be able to soak in at your own pace, in your own home, assisted by a retreat supply kit that will be mailed to you prior to the retreat (assuming you register by December 6).
This is an ideal retreat if you:
- Know you’ll want some time to reflect, process, and pray before the holiday busyness is in full swing
- Feel like you hear all the Ignatian buzzwords and want a deeper understanding of how they all fit together
- Are struggling to build or maintain your spiritual life this semester and need a springboard
- Want to transition into break with a fresh spirit and not a depleted one
- Find it difficult to fit a retreat in during the semester
Join us for this opportunity to unplug and re-center your spirituality, and to head into Winter Break ready and rejuvenated.
All students, both undergraduate and graduate, of the Marquette community.
Morning and evening meetings will take place on Zoom, allowing you to participate from wherever you are. In between, you will have a suggested prayer practice to try out during the day, at a time that is convenient for you.
Morning retreat gathering: Monday-Thursday, 10:30-11:30 a.m. CST
-Includes morning prayer, check-in, talk, and suggestions for the day's prayer practice
Evening retreat gathering: Monday-Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. CST
-Includes smaller group conversation and evening prayer
The retreat begins on Monday morning (December 14) and concludes on Thursday morning (December 17).
Free! Register by December 6 if you would like to receive your retreat supply kit prior to the beginning of the retreat.
Registration for the Ignatian Dive Retreat is closed.
For any questions or for further information, please contact:
Campus Ministry, AMU 236
P.O. Box 1881
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1881