Update Your Career Documents and Profiles
It is always important to have your career documents and profiles up to date.
- Students and alumni in need of a resume, cover letter, or personal statement critique should email firstname.lastname@example.org; a response will be provided within two business days.
- Looking to get started on your career documents? Start here.
- Need help polishing your Handshake and LinkedIn profiles, resume, and cover letter? Email email@example.com to request a profile or document review. A member of the career services staff will provide feedback within two business days.
Be Flexible and Focus Your Search on Industries that are Growing
Some industries are temporarily slowing their hiring, while others are growing. Explore how you can pivot your internship/job search.
Attend Virtual Events
Virtual events are a great way to learn more about a company and meet professionals.
- Check Handshake often to stay up-to-date on events and fairs.
Continue to Build Your Network
Social distancing does not mean you should slow down your professional networking efforts.
- Check out this video for a few quick tips on presenting yourself professionally while connecting with others virtually.
- Wondering how to ask for and conduct an informational interview? Read more about it here.
Be Proactive and Reward Your Effort
Though hiring processes may be slower right now and can sometimes feel discouraging, keep applying! Persevering will ensure that you are considered for roles that are not only currently available but also those that will be available in the future. Remember that you are doing your very best by staying focused on what you can control and make sure to set aside time to rest and do things you enjoy.