Log in to JobConnection in CheckMarq on the Self-service page.
Note: Incoming freshman and new transfer students will not have access to JobConnection until mid-summer. If after the first week of July you have trouble logging in, please contact email@example.com.
Instructions for student employment
- Enter your username
This is your eMarq/CheckMarq username: (e.g. 2K81JONEST from your Marquette e-mail address)
- Enter your password
This is your eMarq/CheckMarq password
- Click or tap login
You will be in your home page
- Click or tap My File Account — My Profile
- Update each section by clicking or tapping the edit button.
- Make sure to click or tap save in each section you update.
- For employers to view your student profile, click or tap Edit in the Additional Information section and answer Yes to Allow Employer Viewing.
- Click or tap My Account — My Documents
- If you have a resume or cover letter you may upload each into JobConnection.
- Click or tap upload file; give the document a name and then search for a resume that already exists on your computer using the browse button. Upload the file.
- To remove this, you must upload another file and set the new document as a default.
- Click or tap Search Jobs — Job Search to find available jobs
- If you just click or tap the search button you will see all available jobs.
- Click or tap Job Title to view all information.
- To apply for a job you are interested in, do one of the following:
- Follow application instructions listed.
- Click or tap inquire online.
- Or click or tap submit resume at the top of the page.
- My Account — My Inquires Activity — Referrals Tab
If you inquired about a job in JobConnection by clicking or tapping Inquire Now — Inquire Online, you will be able to view the employer's response back to you in this link.
- My Account — My Activity — Placements Tab
You will be able to see all the on campus jobs you have been hired in.
- My Account — Work Study My Activity — Work Study
You will be able to view your federal work-study activity, including initial award and earnings balances for selected award periods.
Please contact the Student Employment Services at (414) 288-4000 with any questions.