Given that only a limited number of essential personnel are working on campus and that only a small number of students are living in the residence halls – limited to those who could not travel home to complete their studies remotely – the following buildings and campus services will have different hours. This list will be updated often.
Acceso a los edificios del campus en español
Last updated 3/27/20
- Majority of academic and administrative buildings, including the Alumni Memorial Union: Most buildings will be faculty and staff access only via MUID card. Faculty, staff and graduate assistant, teaching assistants and research assistants will have MUID card access to their “home” building 24/7 and any additional buildings they currently have 24/7 access to.
- Al McGuire Center: closed effective March 18 until further notice, with the exception of Sports Medicine which will be by appointment only.
- Athletic and Human Performance Research Center: Closed effective March 18 until further notice.
- BookMarq: Closed effective March 17; students can access services online.
- Brew locations: Closed effective March 17 until further notice.
- Card Office: While the Card Office is closed, the emergency replacement of lost IDs is still possible. Anyone needing a replacement ID should send an email to Marquettecard@Marquette.edu and include a phone number at which they can be reached. A Marquette employee will contact the person needing the ID in order to set up an appointment to issue the card.
- Catholic Masses: His Excellency Archbishop Jerome Listecki has closed all Catholic Masses in Milwaukee to the public through April 3. This includes all on-campus Masses and Masses at Church of the Gesu.
- Child Care Center: The Child Care Center will close, effective March 27. Please see Marquette Today for more information.
- Cudahy Hall: Open during business hours because of access to the ITS Help Desk and the computer lab.
- Dining halls: In accordance with guidance from the City of Milwaukee, The Commons is carry out only, effective March 17 until further notice. All other dining halls are closed.
- Haggerty Museum of Art: Closed until further notice.
- Marquette University Counseling Center: Will provide mental health services primarily by telephone: (414) 288-7172. If students are in the campus area, please call rather than coming to the center in person.
- Marquette University Police Department: Fully operational; LIMO service running.
- On-campus external-facing clinics: Each clinic is determining whether to remain open and hours of operation based on health official guidance. Clinics are communicating directly with their patients and information is available on their websites.
- Raynor Memorial Libraries: The library will close at 4:30 p.m. on March 27, until further notice. Students, faculty and staff working from home have access to most of the same library resources and support that are available when on campus. Please visit their website for more information.
- Rec Center and Rec Plex: Closed effective March 18 until further notice.
- Residence Halls: Front desks will continue to be staffed.
- Spirit Shop: Closed effective March 17 until further notice.
- St. Joan of Arc Chapel: Closed effective March 18 until further notice.
- University Apartments: Front desks will continue to be staffed.
- Valley Fields: Dome closed effective March 18 until further notice. The track and fields will be accessible via MUID via the 16th Street gate.
Campus-area restaurants and businesses
Please contact local businesses directly for current operating hours.