- Dentistry Open House
- Have you ever thought about teaching on the Part-time Faculty team?
- Are you passionate about dentistry?
- Do you enjoy sharing your experiences and knowledge?
- Do you want to be part of the future of dentistry here in Wisconsin?
Come and hear more about the opportunity to teach on a part-time basis.
Open House - Tuesday, June 11, 2019
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Marquette University School of Dentistry
(1801 W. Wisconsin Avenue)
Talk with Faculty and Students. See the difference part-time faculty make on a daily basis
Agenda to include:
• Tour the School of Dentistry
• Find out how to become a part-time faculty member
• Hear first-hand how rewarding teaching can be
Light refreshments will be served. Parking behind the School (enter through the South entrance)
Please RSVP by May 30 to:
Susan Dalsasso - email@example.com or (414) 288-7550
- School of Dentistry Award Recipients from the ceremony on Friday, April 26, 2019.
- Dr. Lisa Koenig delivered the H. Cline Fixott Sr. Memorial Oration at the 69th Annual Session of the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology on Friday, September 14th in San Antonio, TX. The honor and invitation to speak is extended to a member of the Academy that has significantly contributed to the field of OMFR and also recognizes the founding father of the Academy, Dr. Henry Cline Fixott Sr.
- Dr. Andrew Dentino has been appointed to the position of Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies.
- Dr. Mohamed Ibrahim has authored the chapter "Biocompatibility of Dental Biomaterials" in the recently published book "Biomaterials for Oral and Dental Tissue Engineering."
- Dr. Paul Andrews, Dent '74, has pledged a gift of $5,000,000 from his estate for scholarships at MUSoD. The focus of this scholarship fund will be students who are veterans, or if possible a student(s) with tremendous financial need.
- Dr. Paul G. Luepke was elected as the new President of the Midwest Society of Periodontology at the 62nd Annual MSP Meeting in Chicago.
- Dr. Lisa Koenig was an invited speaker at the 50th annual session of the Academy of Brazilian Oral and Maxillofacial Radiologists. She gave her talk on "Advanced Concepts of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiographic Interpretation" in Recife, Brazil.
- Dr. Ardt Guetsch has had a manuscript accepted in a German Practice-based Sample, Clinical Oral Investigations, entitled Oral Health and Dental Anxiety.
- Dr. Ximena Meza-Baertsch will serve as the Interim Director for the Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program until a permanent Director is hired.
- Ms. Amber May to the position of Director of Diversity and Inclusion for the School of Dentistry.
- Drs. Geoffrey Thompson, and Seokhwan Aaron Cho, have a manuscript accepted for publication in the Journal of Prosthet Dentistry. Title: A method to facilitate the fabrication of access openings for implant-supported complete fixed dental prostheses.
- Drs. Pratiksha Agrawal, Geoffrey Thompson, Seokhwan (Aaron) Cho, and Gerald Ziebert. Have a manuscript accepted for publication in the Journal of Prosthet Dentistry. Title: Evaluation of die trim morphology made by CAD/CAM technology.
- Drs. Daniel Domagala, Charles Pechous and Neal Bucholtz Have all promoted to Associate Professor.
- Sarah Fodor D2, has received the ASDA Gold Crown Award for “ …the District 7 Delegate of the Year Award. This award is selected by the board of trustees from all chapter leaders in District 7 and is presented to the individual that demonstrates personal dedication and outstanding achievement on behalf of ASDA and its local chapter members. It is a prestigious award…”
Please congratulate Sarah when you see her!
- Dr. Agnieszka Domagala promoted to the rank of Clinical Associate Professor.
- Dr. Timothy Creamer and Dr. Sheila Stover promoted to the rank of Clinical Professor.
- Dr. Donate-Bartfield promoted to Professor.
- Dr. Geoffrey Thompson promoted to Associate Professor with tenure.
- Dr. Pradeep Bhagavatula promoted to Associate Professor with tenure.
- The search for a new MUSoD Faculty representative to the University Academic Senate (UAS) is complete. Dr. Brian Hodgson has been elected by the full-time faculty to represent our school at the UAS for a term of 3 years.
- Dr. Ximena Meza-Baertsch recently accepted the position of Director at Marquette University Community Dental Clinic – South. She has been a valued colleague for many years, with an abundance of private practice and academic experience. Congratulations to Dr. Meza-Baertsch regarding this new chapter of her professional career.