- David Berzins, B.S., Ph.D.
- Pradeep Bhagavatula, B.D.S., M.P.H., M.S.
- Andrew R. Dentino, B.S., D.D.S. Ph.D.
- Cesar D. Gonzalez, D.D.S., M.S.
- Brian D. Hodgson, D.D.S.
- Lisa J. Koenig, B.C.H.D., D.D.S., M.S.
- Dawei Liu, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- Christopher Okunseri, B.D.S., M.Sc.
- Soni Prasad, B.D.S., M.S., F.A.C.P.
- Geoffrey A. Thompson, D.D.S., M.S.
- Jeffrey M. Toth, B.S., Ph.D.
David Berzins, B.S., Ph.D.
- Thermal analysis of dental materials
- Setting mechanisms in dental materials
- Electrochemical properties of dental alloys
- MTA and calcium silicate cement setting mechanisms
- Resin-modified glass-ionomer setting reaction competition
- Properties and structure of nickel-free stainless steel wires
- Nickel titanium mechanical, electrochemical, and thermal properties
- Ninan E, Berzins DW. Torsion and bending properties of shape memory and super elastic nickel-titanium rotary instruments. J Endod. 2013 Jan;39(1):101–4.
- Thomas JT, Roberts HW, Diaz L, Bradley TG, Berzins DW. Effect of light-cure initiation time on polymerization efficiency and orthodontic bond strength with a resin-modified glass-ionomer. Orthod Craniofac Res. 2012 May;15(2):124–34.
- Sarantopoulos DM, Beck KA, Holsen R, Berzins DW. Corrosion of CoCr and NiCr dental alloys alloyed with palladium. J Prosthet Dent. 2011 Jan;105(1):35–43.
- Berzins DW, Roberts HW. Phase transformation changes in thermocycled nickel-titanium orthodontic wires. Dent Mater. 2010 Jul;26(7):666–74.
- Chedella SC, Berzins DW. A differential scanning calorimetry study of the setting reaction of MTA. Int Endod J. 2010 Jun;43(6):509–18.
- Berzins DW, Abey S, Costache MC, Wilkie CA, Roberts HW. Resin-modified glass-ionomer setting reaction competition. J Dent Res. 2010 Jan;89(1):82–6.
Back to Top
Pradeep Bhagavatula, B.D.S., M.P.H., M.S.
- Yee K, Bhagavatula P, Stover S, Eichmiller F, Hashimoto L, MacDonald S, Barkley G 3rd. (2018) Survival Rates of Teeth with Primary Endodontic Treatment after Core/Post and Crown Placement. Journal of Endodontics, 44(2):220-225
- Bhagavatula P, Curtis A, Broffitt B, Weber-Gasparoni K, Warren J, Levy SM (2018). The relationships between fluoride intake levels and fluorosis of late-erupting permanent teeth. Journal of Public Health Dentistry, 78(2):165-174
- Bhagavatula, P., Xiang, Q., Szabo, P. A., Fichmiller, F., Okunseri, C. E. (2017). Dental Procedures Received by Children Enrolled in Wisconsin Delta Dental and Medicaid Programs. Journal of Public Health Dentistry, 77 (1), 86-92.
- Burry, J. C., Stover, S., Eichmiller, F., Bhagavatula, P. (2016). Outcomes of Primary Endodontic Therapy Provided by Endodontic Specialists Compared with Other Providers. Journal of Endodontics, 42 (5), 702-705.
- Bhagavatula, P., Levy, S. M., Broffitt, B., Weber-Gasparoni, K., Warren, J. J. (2016). Timing of fluoride intake and dental fluorosis on late-erupting permanent teeth. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, 44 (1), 32-45.
- Burry, J., Stover, S. E., Fichmiller, F. E., Bhagavatula, P. (2016). Outcomes Evaluation of Non-Surgical Root Canal Therapy by General Practitioner or Endodontist. Journal of Endodontics, 42 (5), 702-5.
Back to Top
Andrew R. Dentino, B.S., D.D.S., Ph.D.
- Plaque control, mechanical & chemical
- Antimicrobial / anti-adhesive polymer systems
- Treatment of periodontitis & peri-implantitis with local drug delivery
- Anti-adhesive anionic polymers as anti-plaque agents
- Phase 3 Clinical Trial Employing Minocycline Microspheres in the Treatment of Peri-implantitis
- Periodontal Considerations in Orthodontic and Orthopedic Expansion, Dentino, A.R. & T. G. Bradley, Chapter 8 in Orthodontic-Periodontal Interrelationships, Ed. Eliades & Christos, Quintessence, 2019.
- Surface Modification of Dental Implants, Wirth, J., M. Tahriri, K. Koshroo, M. Rasoulianboroujeni, A. R. Dentino and L. Tayebi Ch. 6 in Biomaterials for Oral and Dental Tissue Engineering, Ed. L. Tayebi & K. Moharamzadeh. Woodhead Publishing, 2017.
Back to Top
Cesar D Gonzalez, D.D.S., M.S.
- Oral health in children
- Caries risk assessment in children
- The Use of the Hall Technique Stainless Steel Crowns by Pediatric Dentists in the United States
- Evaluation of the impact of a pre-doctoral infant oral health program on the attitudes and behaviors of graduated general dentists
- Relationship Between Neighborhood Food Environment and Dental Caries among Milwaukee Children
- Davenport M, Welles AD, Angelopoulou MV, Gonzalez C, Okunseri C, Barbeau L, Bansal NK, Vergotine RJ, Hodgson BD. Prevalence of Molar-Incisor Hypomineralization in Milwaukee, USA. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2019 May 30;11:109-11
- Angelopoulou MV, Shanti SD, Gonzalez CD, Love A, Jeffrey Ch. Association of Food Insecurity with Early Childhood Caries. Journal of Public Health Dentistry, 1-7, 2018
- Zahdan B, Szabo A, Gonzalez CD, Okunseri E, Okunseri C. Survival Rate of Stainless Steel Crowns and Multi-Surface Composite Restorations Placed by Denatl Students in a Pediatric Clinic. The Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry. Vol 42, Number 3, 2018.
- Okunseri C, Okunseri E, Garcia R, DMD, Gonzalez C, Visotcky A, Szabo A. Impact of Wisconsin’s Medicaid Policy Change on Dental Sealants Utilization. Health Services Journal (Wiley online library) 312-325, 2016.
- Okunseri C, Gonzalez CD, Hodgson B. Children’s Oral Health Assessment, Prevention, and Treatment. Pediatr Clin N Am, 1215-1226, October 2015.
- Gonzalez CD, Okunseri C. Senior Dental Student’s Experience with Cariogram in a Pediatric Clinic. J Dent Educ. 2010 74: 123-129.
Back to Top
Brian D. Hodgson, D.D.S.
- Near infra-red phototherapy
- Evidence-based clinical outcomes
- Patients with Special Health Care Needs
- Cancer therapy-induced oral mucositis
- Panoral vs. Intra-oral Bitewing radiographs for caries detection
- Molar-Incisor Hypomineralization
- Third molar development in 8 year old children
- Migliorati C, Hewson I, Lalla RV, Antunes HS, Estilo CL, Hodgson B, Fontana Lopes NN, Schubert MM, Bowen J, Elad S. Systematic review of laser and other light therapy for the management of oral mucositis in cancer patients. Supportive Care in Cancer, 2013;21:333–341
- Hodgson BD, Margolis DM, Salzman DE, Eastwood D, Tarima S, Williams LD, Sande JE, Vaughan WP, Whelan HT. Amelioration of oral mucositis pain by NASA near infra red light emitting diodes in bone marrow transplant patients. Supportive Care in Cancer, 2012;20(7):1405–1415.
- Hodgson BD, Pyszka B, Henry MM, Buchman E, Whelan HT. Effect of Photobiomodulation on Vinblastine Poisoned Murine HERS Cells. Photomedicine and Laser Surgery, 2011;29(4):233–7.
- Hong CH, Napeñas JJ, Hodgson BD, Stokman MA, Mathers VM, Elting LS, Brennan MT. A systematic review of dental disease in patients undergoing cancer therapy. Supportive Care in Cancer, April 2010;18:1007–21.
- Vergotine RJ, Hodgson B, Lambert L. Pulp polyp associated with a natal tooth: case report. Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry 2009;34(2):161–4.
- Hodgson BD, Davies K, Gonzalez, CD. The acrocallosal syndrome: A literature review and case report. Journal of Dentistry for Children (Chic) 2009 May-Aug;76(2):170–7.
Back to Top
Lisa J. Koenig, B.C.H.D., D.D.S., M.S.
- CBCT applications in the dental specialties
- Tools to Improve Outcomes of Nasal Airway Surgery
- Borojeni A.A.T., Garcia G.J.M., Moghaddam M.G., Frank-Ito D.O., Kimbell J.S., Laud P.W., Koenig L.J., Rhee J.S. (2020) Normative ranges of nasal airflow variables in healthy adults. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery 15, 87-98.
- Casey K.P., Borojeni A.A.T., Koenig L.J., Rhee J.S., Garcia G.J.M. (2017) Correlation between subjective nasal patency and intranasal airflow distribution. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 156, 741-750.
- Garcia GJM, Casey KP, Borojeni A, Koenig LJ, Rhee JS. Potential role of intranasal airflow distribution in the perception of nasal patency. Submitted to Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. Sept. 2016
Back to Top
Dawei Liu, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- Vibration and ultrasound to modulate bone remodeling
- Induction of external apical root resorption
- Mechanotransduction in bone
- Biomechanics in clinical orthodontics and adult patient treatment
- Mechanotransduction in bone
- Roles of mechanical factors in external apical root resorption during orthodontic tooth movement
- Liu D, Genetos DC, Shao Y, Gesit DJ, Li J, Ke HZ, Turner CH, Duncan RL. Activation of extracellular-signal regulated kinase (ERK1/2) by fluid shear is Ca(2+)- and ATP dependent in MC3T3-E1 osteoblasts. Bone 2008;42:644–652.
- Liu D, Ou ZS. Low intensity pulsed ultrasound (LIPUS) induces opposite metabolic
responses of osteocytes versus cementoblasts in vitro. J Musculoskeletal Neuronal
Back to Top
Christopher Okunseri, B.D.S., M.Sc.
- Oral Epidemiology and Oral Health Disparities
- Health Services Research: Service delivery, Access to care, Policy and Cost/Quality of care
- Oral Health Prevention and Health Promotion
- Dental care and emergency departments
- Dental service utilization in children, adolescents and adults
- Preventive care services
- Okunseri C, Zbin S, Zheng C, Eichmiller F, Okunseri E, Szabo A. Emergency department visits and dental procedures: Mission of Mercy, 2013–2016. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2019;11:157-162.
- Li KY, Okunseri CE, McGrath C, Wong MCM. Self-reported general and oral health in adults in the United States: NHANES 1999-2014. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2019;11:399-408.
- Wagner K, Szabo A, Zheng C, Okunseri E, Okunseri C. Billed and Paid Amounts for Preventive Procedures in Dental Medicaid. JDR Clin Transl Res. 2019;4(4):371-377.
- Davenport M, Welles AD, Angelopoulou M V., et al. Prevalence of molar-incisor hypomineralization in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA: A pilot study. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2019;11:109-117.
- Okunseri C, Eggert E, Zheng C, Eichmiller F, Okunseri E, Szabo A. Sociodemographic Characteristics of Mission of Mercy Attendees in Wisconsin. JDR Clin Transl Res. July 2019:2380084419859846.
- Shenkin JD, Warren J, Spanbauer C, Okunseri E, Szabo A, Okunseri C. Hospital emergency department visits by ambulance for nontraumatic tooth pain in the USA. Clin Cosmet Investig Dent. 2018;10:159-163.
Back to Top
Soni Prasad, B.D.S., M.S., F.A.C.P.
- Implant outcome measures
- Risk factors for peri-implantitis
- Prasad S, Hambrook C, Reigle E, Sharman K, Bansal N, Hefti AF. Implant treatment in the pre-doctoral clinic: A retrospective database study of 1091 patients. J Prosthodont. 2017; 26(6): 559-67.
- Prasad S, Bansal N. Predoctoral dental students’ perception of dental implant training: Effect of Preclinical Simulation and Clinical Experience. J Dent Educ. 2017; 81(4): 395-403.
- Prasad S, Banez JD, Bompolaki D, Hart Y. Optimizing anterior implant outcome immediately after implant placement and grafting by using patient’s extracted teeth: A case report. J Dent Oral Biol. 2017; 2(1): 1022.
- Prasad S, Ehrensberger M, Gibson MP, Kim H, Monaco EA. Biomaterial properties of titanium in dentistry. J Oral Biosci. 2015;57: 192-199.
Back to Top
Geoffrey A. Thompson, D.D.S., M.S.
- Dental materials
- Sheer bond strength of PEEK to acrylic
- Kois Dento-facial Analyzer system
- Merging CBCT digital files with digital facial scans
- Correcting chairside scanner data files
- Al Maaz A, Thompson GA, Drago C, An H, Berzins D. (2019). Effect of finish line design and metal alloy on marginal and internal fit of metal copings made by Selective Laser Melting technology. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 122, 143-151.
- Maroulakos G, Thompson G, Kontogiorgos E. (2019). Effect of cement type on the clinical performance and complications of zirconia and lithium disilicate tooth-supported crowns: A systematic review. Report of the Committee on Research in Fixed Prosthodontics of the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 121, 754-765.
- Hossein J, Kang S, Masri R, Kuhn L, Fahimipour F, Vanevenhoven R, Thompson G, Gheisarifar M, Tahriri M, Tayebi L. (2018). Advancements in Craniofacial Prosthesis Fabrication: A Narrative Review of Holistic Treatment. The Journal of Advanced Prosthodontics, 10, 430-9.
- Ramadhan A, Thompson GA, Maroulakos G, Berzins D. (2018). Analysis of flexural strength and contact pressure following simulated chairside adjustment of pressed lithium disilicate glass ceramic. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 120, 439-46.
- Castro-Garcia M, Moreno-Cabello PÁ, Rubio-Paramio MÁ, Carranza-Cañadas P, Thompson GA. (2018). A hemispherical contact model for simplifying 3D occlusal surfaces. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 119, 804-11.
- Asiri W, Domagala D, Cho S-K, Thompson GA. (2018). A method of locating the abutment screw access channel with cone-beam computed tomography and a 3D printed drilling guide. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, 119, 210-13.
Back to Top
Jeffrey M. Toth, B.S. Eng., Ph.D.
- Tissue engineering
- Bone grafts and bone graft substitutes
- Osteoinductive substances and materials
- Retrieval and implant analyses
- Delivery of osteoinductive proteins on implants
- Pre-clinical testing of orthopaedic and dental biomaterials
- Retrieval analysis of explanted spine devices and dental implants
- Evaluation of Bone void fillers and synthetic bone graft substitutes.
Toth JM, Bric JD: An Evaluation of the Host Response to an Interspinous Process Device Based on a Series of Spine Explants: Device for Intervertebral Assisted Motion (DIAM®). Journal of Spine Surgery, 5(4): 483-495, 2019.
Toth JM: Chapter 8: “Biocompatibility of Polyaryletheretherketone Polymers.” In: The PEEK Biomaterials Handbook. 2nd Edition. Ed by Stephen M. Kurtz. Elsevier Publishing, Maryland Heights, MO, Pages 107-119, 2019.
Dunkley IR, Vickers SM, Badura JM, Toth JM: A Histological Assessment of the Mechanism of Early-Stage Healing of a Biphasic Calcium Phosphate in an In Vivo Rabbit Model. Key Engineering Materials, 782:275-282, 2018.
- Roberts HW, Toth JM, Berzins DW, Charlton DG. Mineral Trioxide Aggregate: A Versatile Biomaterial for Endodontic Treatment. Dent Mat 2008;24:149–164.
- Al Jabbari YS, Fournelle RA, Ziebert G, Toth JM, and Iacopino AM. Mechanical Behavior and Failure Analysis of Prosthetic Retaining Screws after Long-Term Use In-vivo. Parts I through IV. J Prosth Dent 2008;17:149–210.
- Brekke JH and Toth JM. Principles of Tissue Engineering Applied to Programmable Osteogenesis. J Biomed Mat Res: Appl Biomat 1998;43(4):380–398.
Back to Top